What was your best Grey Cup ever?

BigBlue

1985 was a weird Grey Cup for my buddy and I. We got all excited about 1984 and figured for sure Bombers would be there again. Montreal was a much crazier place than the old peg.  We had 10 beer delivered to our seats at a time.  I didn't know lap dancing even existed. My buddy left with a  girl sitting behind us and I didn't see him for days. That kind of thing never happened in any other Grey Cup game I went to.. 

1984 no question. After coming so close in 1983 & Clements suffering that broken collarbone in the WDF vs the Lions we lose. To go back to BC Place in 84, defeat the Lions in the WDF, then in the GC game fall behind 14-0 in the 1st qtr but ultimately score 48 straight points to beat the Ti Cats for our 1st victory in 22 years?? That. Was. Sweet!!

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

1984 no question. After coming so close in 1983 & Clements suffering that broken collarbone in the WDF vs the Lions we lose. To go back to BC Place in 84, defeat the Lions in the WDF, then in the GC game fall behind 14-0 in the 1st qtr but ultimately score 48 straight points to beat the Ti Cats for our 1st victory in 22 years?? That. Was. Sweet!!

even sweeter was beating Dieter.  I know over the years the hard feelings have mellowed and Dieter is back in the Bomber family but at that time the feelings were still pretty raw and bruised regarding how Dieter left, and the things that he said about Winnipeg.  One of my fondest memories of a Bomber game was in 1984 during the season when Dieter came back to Winnipeg and we all chanted "Brock Busters!!" every time the announcer would put on the Ghostbusters theme, usually after yet another Dieter sack by Tyrone Jones.  Man those were good days.

I'm sure Dieter does not remember his last two games in the CFL and NFL very fondly. 

1984 - a butt kicking by his former team, the Blue Bombers, in the Grey Cup under frigid conditions at Commonwealth Stadium.

1986 - a butt kicking by the soon-to-be Superbowl Champion Chicago Bears, in the NFC Championship game under frigid conditions at Soldier Field 

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

even sweeter was beating Dieter.  I know over the years the hard feelings have mellowed and Dieter is back in the Bomber family but at that time the feelings were still pretty raw and bruised regarding how Dieter left, and the things that he said about Winnipeg.  One of my fondest memories of a Bomber game was in 1984 during the season when Dieter came back to Winnipeg and we all chanted "Brock Busters!!" every time the announcer would put on the Ghostbusters theme, usually after yet another Dieter sack by Tyrone Jones.  Man those were good days.

The best. I remember Rider teams coming to Winnipeg Stadium along with that idiot The Flame & getting hammered. Usually the way it went was by the end of the first quarter the Riders would be down by 2 touchdowns or more everytime & Flame Boy would just sit there quietly.  We'd all be yelling at Rider fans, "Imagine driving 350 miles to watch your team get its ass kicked. Ha, ha, ha!!". Yeah, those were the days. 

8 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

I'm sure Dieter does not remember his last two games in the CFL and NFL very fondly. 

1984 - a butt kicking by his former team, the Blue Bombers, in the Grey Cup under frigid conditions at Commonwealth Stadium.

1986 - a butt kicking by the soon-to-be Superbowl Champion Chicago Bears, in the NFC Championship game under frigid conditions at Soldier Field 

not so embarrassing to lose to two such legendary teams....

gonna give a weird answer and say 2005.  I was too young and broke to see any of the Bomber wins in person, and the one Bomber Grey Cup appearance I saw live was 2011. Unlike tacklewasher, I remember the game all too well.  We got exposed by a far, far better team.

2005 was an amazing game.  Ray vs. Calvillo both in their prime, BC Place was sold-out and rocking, then overtime!  A real showcase for the CFL.

Edited by johnzo

On 11/27/2017 at 1:30 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

On 11/27/2017 at 3:08 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Was gonna add that. A story line and twist that would make stephen king proud. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

My best Grey Cup was the 38th in 1950.  We lost unfortunately, but I threw for 89 yds passing - GC record at the time.   I also played DB, returned kicks, was head athletic therapist & the team's travel agent.  Gee willikers how I miss that $250 game cheque! 

Don't forget the undiagnosed concussions.

And don't forget about the concussions.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 12:20 PM, Jimmy Pop said:

My best Grey Cup was the 38th in 1950.  We lost unfortunately, but I threw for 89 yds passing - GC record at the time.   I also played DB, returned kicks, was head athletic therapist & the team's travel agent.  Gee willikers how I miss that $250 game cheque! 

Peter Young tweeted that Bob Cameron played in that game.