Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

7 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I wonder if we would be interested in having Durant here in Winnipeg as a back up providing the price is right of course. 

Despite the horrible year he had in Montreal, I doubt that any QB would have done much better. I suspect Durant still has tread on his tires and is probably better than anyone we currently have as backup. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in blue and gold- for the right price.

7 hours ago, tracker said:

Despite the horrible year he had in Montreal, I doubt that any QB would have done much better. I suspect Durant still has tread on his tires and is probably better than anyone we currently have as backup. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in blue and gold- for the right price.

He would be a great addition.

Well well...(I know deep subject)...the big mouths over there in riderland have cold water all over their face on this one...It's going to be a big fix-up after this pipe let go....Funny how their dream stadium has hit a nightmare curve...Looks good on them after all of the disparaging remarks about our digs...Rider fans remind of the little skunk who peed into the wind , then said when he got a face full,..'it all comes back to me now'

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Well well...(I know deep subject)...the big mouths over there in riderland have cold water all over their face on this one...It's going to be a big fix-up after this pipe let go....Funny how their dream stadium has hit a nightmare curve...Looks good on them after all of the disparaging remarks about our digs...Rider fans remind of the little skunk who peed into the wind , then said when he got a face full,..'it all comes back to me now'

Hilarious, it’s about $15K in damages to a storage room.  

Fact.  Every major building that’s ever been built has minor issues. You have to be a special kind of stupid if you think a minor water leak in -30C temps compares to tens of millions of dollars in repairs d/t design flaws & poor construction work.   Hell IGF is still in litigation lol

Edited by Longhorn

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

Whoa another CFL insider! Every article says they are still assessing damages but you already know it was 15k! Man these rider fans really have their fingers on the pulse.

Ever since they introduced the telephone to sask back in 2003 every sister/cousin-wife became an insider because they know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy.   I wouldn't say every rider fan is an insider themselves tho as the concept of the telephone is still confusing to them and misunderstood

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

Whoa another CFL insider! Every article says they are still assessing damages but you already know it was 15k! Man these rider fans really have their fingers on the pulse.

I’m not an insider, I work at Evraz.    Like I said, a special kinda stupid celebrating minor damage from a water leak in arctic like temps

And as far as IGF, the most complaining & ridicule I’ve seen regarding that build has come from Winnipeg residents, not Riders fans.   Most of us feel bad for Winnipeg to be honest, tens of millions in damages in first 3 years?   Yikes.   Can’t imagine what they’ll find over the next 3 years.    

18 hours ago, Longhorn said:

Hilarious, it’s about $15K in damages to a storage room.  

Fact.  Every major building that’s ever been built has minor issues. You have to be a special kind of stupid if you think a minor water leak in -30C temps compares to tens of millions of dollars in repairs d/t design flaws & poor construction work.   Hell IGF is still in litigation lol

Hilarious. I would assume you have never dealt with a restoration company & have no idea of the cost. 

29 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

I’m not an insider, I work at Evraz.    Like I said, a special kinda stupid celebrating minor damage from a water leak in arctic like temps

And as far as IGF, the most complaining & ridicule I’ve seen regarding that build has come from Winnipeg resident.

Water damage is never minor. Moisture assessment, mold assessment, dehumidifiers, et. al. It’s actually worse than smoke damage which at least doesn’t create mold and can mostly be seen and assessed on the surface. 

For the record, I have been involved in a flood restoration project - I hope Mosaic has the insurance to cover this one. 

As for Winnipeg critics - you are not wrong about that. 

15 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Water damage is never minor. Moisture assessment, mold assessment, dehumidifiers, et. al. It’s actually worse than smoke damage which at least doesn’t create mold and can mostly be seen and assessed on the surface. 

For the record, I have been involved in a flood restoration project - I hope Mosaic has the insurance to cover this one. 

As for Winnipeg critics - you are not wrong about that. 

I think both fan bases have legit reason to critique their respective stadiums for what they cost and how many issues there have been.  I don't think anyone has been foolish enough to believe any place would be flawless,  but I do find it funny how many rider fans bashed the bombers and IGF for their issues, meanwhile all season have had their own complaints (along with other teams re: air conditioning for example) and some are even specifically signing up over here just to try and defend their stadium...

"Hey Bombers....Nice lemon!" said the rider fan cruisin by in a souped up K-car with the busted headlight and missing tailpipe.

In my day,  the kids used to call it Karma