Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

20 hours ago, Longhorn said:

Hilarious, it’s about $15K in damages to a storage room.  

Fact.  Every major building that’s ever been built has minor issues. You have to be a special kind of stupid if you think a minor water leak in -30C temps compares to tens of millions of dollars in repairs d/t design flaws & poor construction work.   Hell IGF is still in litigation lol

15 k....what a load of bull$hit....Of course you have to minimize it and paper it over....Cripes the dressing room carpet alone is a hulluva lot more than that...But continue on in your little world of make believe...Methinks you're full of it.

58 minutes ago, Stickem said:

15 k....what a load of bull$hit....Of course you have to minimize it and paper it over....Cripes the dressing room carpet alone is a hulluva lot more than that...But continue on in your little world of make believe...Methinks you're full of it.

Incorrect.   It wasn’t the dressing room.  It was a storage room with a concrete floor & open ceiling, my manager is the one who said it’s a joke that this was even in the news.   

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I think both fan bases have legit reason to critique their respective stadiums for what they cost and how many issues there have been.  I don't think anyone has been foolish enough to believe any place would be flawless,  but I do find it funny how many rider fans bashed the bombers and IGF for their issues, meanwhile all season have had their own complaints (along with other teams re: air conditioning for example) and some are even specifically signing up over here just to try and defend their stadium...

"Hey Bombers....Nice lemon!" said the rider fan cruisin by in a souped up K-car with the busted headlight and missing tailpipe.

In my day,  the kids used to call it Karma

There you go again equating a minor water leak & a broken AC to tens of millions of dollars in repairs  d/t design failure & poor construction work.   If you think this is karma then you are either desperate or you don’t know the meaning of the word.  

Curious though, is IGF still in litigation?

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Hahahaha because the Rider duo of a 50 year old Glenn, and the unproven Bridge scare the rest of the league. 

That duo made it further in the playoffs than the Bombers & were one play away from beating the eventual champs.  

But you & I both know that duo won’t be leading the Riders this upcoming season.  

9 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

That duo made it further in the playoffs than the Bombers & were one play away from beating the eventual champs.  

But you & I both know that duo won’t be leading the Riders this upcoming season.  

4th in West. B-Side final. Hooray for you. 

And who do you suppose will be leading you? 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

4th in West. B-Side final. Hooray for you. 

And who do you suppose will be leading you? 

Regular season is irrelevant once you get into the playoffs.   Just ask the Argos  

And I can see Glenn being eventually cut & either Collaros or Franklin coming on board to battle with Bridge, Williams & Adams  

Edited by Longhorn

Just now, Longhorn said:

Regular season is irreverent, it’s all about getting into the playoffs. 

And I can see Glenn being eventually cut & either Collaros or Franklin coming on board. 

"It's all about the playoffs." Okay, great. You lost to a .500 team. Congratulations. Here's your ring. 

Um, why would Franklin sign there? He's an Argo now and likely to stay.

You can have Collaros. He's shattered. 

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

"It's all about the playoffs." Okay, great. You lost to a .500 team. Congratulations. Here's your ring. 

Um, why would Franklin sign there? He's an Argo now and likely to stay.

You can have Collaros. He's shattered. 

We lost to the Champs. 

Franklin signs with Argos only if Ray retires. 

Many said Calvillo, Nichols, Allen, Ray, etc were done after they had poor seasons.  

2 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

We lost to the Champs. 

Many said Calvillo, Nichols, Allen, Ray, etc were done after they had poor seasons.  

Yeah, but none of them had to go to Saskatchewan, so.....

Hooray. Actually, you lost to the champs and us, twice, and the Eskimos, and the Stamps... oh, and you lost to Montreal, and BC, and Ottawa... and, well, who didn't you lose to last year? 

1 hour ago, Longhorn said:

Beating Ottawa doesn't impress me very much. You would have lost to Edmonton too. Hahahaha yeah keep hoping and praying for Franklin.

3 hours ago, Longhorn said:

True Story: teams have been one play away from beating Ricky Ray over 40 times as they watched his 4th quarter comebacks send them home crying. So don't feel special or anything... he does it to everybody.

2 hours ago, Longhorn said:

We lost to the Champs. 

Don't think so. Sitting under the Trestman/Ray learning tree and starting 1-9 games that Ray is unavailable for (as is his track record since getting here in 2012) and being ready to take over from a Hall of Famer at the end of his career rather than being stuck behind Reilly with no path to being a starter is a pretty good career upgrade. And of course it should go without saying that it's way better than ending up in Sask.

And of course, believing that Franklin only signs with the Argos if Ray retires presupposes that Popp made the deal with absolutely no understanding with Franklin and his agent whatsoever. Do you really think that sounds like Jim Popp's modus operandi?

Edited by bluto

Franklin to the Riders.

That is The Plan. 

Casting the widest possible net to land someone with a future instead of trotting out Glenn and Bridge for another year is not The Plan.

It just looks that way if you're a dummy.

Great football minds like Jones simply dont roll the dice that way.

They have a Plan.

20 hours ago, Longhorn said:

Incorrect.   It wasn’t the dressing room.  It was a storage room with a concrete floor & open ceiling, my manager is the one who said it’s a joke that this was even in the news.   

And your manager has all of the insight regarding your flooded out stadium....LOL...If it wasn't newsworthy nobody would have reported it....See the smoke...I bet there's fire...heh heh....Really doesn't matter the extent of the damage in any event...I can recall all of the hoopla in Saskabush when we had a water problem.....sometimes karma's a bit%h...Looks good on ya 

On 12/26/2017 at 9:57 AM, Longhorn said:

I’m not an insider, I work at Evraz.    Like I said, a special kinda stupid celebrating minor damage from a water leak in arctic like temps

And as far as IGF, the most complaining & ridicule I’ve seen regarding that build has come from Winnipeg residents, not Riders fans.   Most of us feel bad for Winnipeg to be honest, tens of millions in damages in first 3 years?   Yikes.   Can’t imagine what they’ll find over the next 3 years.    

baahaha..  nice backpedal prider.

obvious troll is obvious.