Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Serious question, where does the money come from for a new stadium in Atlantic Canada?

I think this man's family could manage it

Kenneth Colin Irving, OC (March 14, 1899 – December 13, 1992) also known as K. C. Irving was one of Canada's foremost entrepreneurs of the 20th century and ranked as one of the world's leading industrialists. K. C. Irving's business began with a family sawmill in Bouctouche, N.B., in 1882.[1] In 1989, he was made an Officer of the Order of Canada. According to Fortune Magazine in September 1989, at the age of 90, K.C. Irving was the 11th wealthiest man in the world with an estimated fortune of $10 billion.[citation needed]

Edited by Mark F

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

https://twitter.com/lucmull95/status/946890911945932801

I'm not good at inserting tweets and I'm on my phone so I can't insert pics but I'm begging MBB to look at this tweet from Luc Mullinder and treat it it with all the respect it deserves......... 

Lol, He's a brave man.  Not terribly smart, but brave.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm not good at inserting tweets and I'm on my phone so I can't insert pics but I'm begging MBB to look at this tweet from Luc Mullinder and treat it it with all the respect it deserves......... 

I saw that tweet this morning and wondered how long it would be before someone brought it up here to properly mock it. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

“Look at me look at me!”

pretty much all that is. If that’s truly how he thinks, he’s got some brain injuries from his playing days.

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Serious question, where does the money come from for a new stadium in Atlantic Canada?

Mostly taxpayers thru all 3 different levels of government & some private money. They're talking about building a "multi purpose" stadium of 24,000 so the feds will get involved so it's not about funding pro football (yeah, right)....

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

That list is just so stupid. Not worth even discussing. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mostly taxpayers thru all 3 different levels of government & some private money. They're talking about building a "multi purpose" stadium of 24,000 so the feds will get involved so it's not about funding pro football (yeah, right)....

Only way anything gets done in Atlantic Canada.

Govt  projects and or generous subsidies is seen as Plan A. Capitalist and entrepreneurial spirit are like four leaf clovers.

11 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Only way anything gets done in Atlantic Canada.

Govt  projects and or generous subsidies is seen as Plan A. Capitalist and entrepreneurial spirit are like four leaf clovers.

So, the feds will spend money on a new stadium in Halifax  while telling people in Ottawa, Winnipeg, Regina & Calgary that they won't give a cent to a project like that? Nice.  Not surprised though as we know that there are different rules (especially) for Quebec & the Maritimes.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

The poll on CFL.ca right now asks "Will James Franklin play for the Argos in 2018?"

91% of the fans say no. I bet about 90% of the vote is desperate Rider fans. We will find out soon enough.

Something is fishy with that... because the other day when I was on the site and voted it was 85% of the votes going for Franklin to play in Toronto.  

I can see Toronto signing Franklin. He knows Ray is near the end of his career , with a history of injuries limiting his play. Financially they can either give him a deal heavily loaded with playtime money or with the belief that either Franklin or Ray’s money can be hidden off the Cap on the IR.

I don't honestly believe the deal would have happened if Popp and co. didn't have an understanding with Franklin already. However, I recall something about BC dangling Reilly in front of the Bombers prior to reaching FA without allowing us to speak with him/his agent first... so I suppose it's possible Popp is rolling the dice without making a gentleman's agreement first... which would be very foolish as Sask does seem like the appropriate place for Franklin to wind up.

How much has Franklin actually played?

Has he played enough for people to know if he's going to be any good? Or is it just a tempest in a teapot?

If he really is as good potentially as fans think, I think they'll find a way to keep him.

Ricky Ray is one hit away from his career being finished.