Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

Late word out of Mont. today, according to their media, is that there'll be no bonus paid to Durant on Monday as was scheduled...Says there will be a restructuring or an outright release...I can't see Darian reducing is ask, although his play last year might warrant that...Does he take his services elsewhere???? Will he consider taking a back up spot somewhere else...like with us...I think we're about to find out soon

32 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think it's a bluff. Montreal isn't going to pay Durant his bonus and there's no where else in the league where he'll get starters money. Heck... There's no other team who is even looking for a starter.

Except I don't think he's the starter in Montreal anymore...  I'd be surprised if this isn't a complete overhaul of that contract - moving to playing time incentives

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-deliver-contract-ultimatum-to-quarterback-darian-durant

Yucky situation for both sides. A take-it-or-leave-it offer from a team that desperately needs a QB. If I were Durant I think I'd gamble on holding out and let the dice land where they may... I don't see MTL having any other options other than re-signing Drew Willy (blech) or somehow landing Josh Freeman and hoping he's regained his form.

Meanwhile, the Alouettes' lone bright spot, Johnathan Mincy, signs with da Bears.

15 hours ago, johnzo said:

always been a Durant fan but after watching him last year I really have to wonder how much game he has left.

yea me as well (as much as I'm loath to admit it) and I think his time as a starter has passed but as a backup.. I'd think he has a few years left in the tank..

14 hours ago, holoman said:

I'd take Durant as a backup. for actual backup money.

and the understanding that he is not challenging for a starters role.   as long as he is ok with that concept, I'd have zero issues with him as the backup.

13 hours ago, Zontar said:

Rider fans are feasting on this, you know, the fans who used to say Durant was better than Lancaster and the same fans who will give Durant a standing ovation when he is put on their wall of fame. Bunch of two faced fickle jackoffs.

Poor Collaros doesnt know what he signed up for.

yup.  surprised he was willing to go there to try and jump-start his career again.   options were limited though I suppose... Sask or Mtl..  tire fire or cesspool.. decisions decisions..

10 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Durant has to be a better backup than Glenn. We know that Glenn is going to fold when the weather gets cold, Durant has played some of the best games of his career in November.

exactly.  He is a gamer come playoff time where as Glenn folds.  Hell, any adversity and Glenn folds,  Durant seems to have been made of more sterner stuff.

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

Except I don't think he's the starter in Montreal anymore...  I'd be surprised if this isn't a complete overhaul of that contract - moving to playing time incentives

Reed missed out on Collaros, I doubt he has a realistic shot at acquiring Manziel and now he's playing hardball with Durant without any other starting QB option in sight if you dismiss Drew Willy.  It doesn't seem possible but Kavis has maneuvered the Als into a worse position now than they were one year ago at this time.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Reed missed out on Collaros, I doubt he has a realistic shot at acquiring Manziel and now he's playing hardball with Durant without any other starting QB option in sight if you dismiss Drew Willy.  It doesn't seem possible but Kavis has maneuvered the Als into a worse position now than they were one year ago at this time.

Kavis gonna Kavis..

and there will be CONSEQUENCES AND REPERCUSSIONS!!

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've never been a fan of Durant. And I never will be. Thought he was overrated in his prime and he seems to be overrated now. I'd take Glenn over him as a backup, though I hope the bombers can do better than both.

I'd take Glenn, too, simply because I think he'd come cheaper.  Durant would be a great signing simply for the entertainment value alone, watching flatibillies' heads explode over it.

Lots of uncertainty... Davis has been mostly a disappointment, LeFevour is nothing more than a short yardage/jumbo package 3QB, so the backup QB situation makes me nervous at this point.

Edited by blue_gold_84