Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

7 hours ago, tracker said:

Neither of these have shown that they are any better than Drew Willy, so what would be the wisdom in retaining either of them? I say we give Durant a decent, but not exorbitant offer and bring in a couple-three promising rookies.

They may not have shown much, but they know Lapos system better. I’m far from satisfied with either, but Durant showed he is done. I agree our scouts need to be finding 2or 3 guys that have the potential to take over for Nicol’s in the next couple years.  If you let both Davis a Lefevour go and Nicol’s goes down you’re screwed.  

9 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

They may not have shown much, but they know Lapos system better. I’m far from satisfied with either, but Durant showed he is done. I agree our scouts need to be finding 2or 3 guys that have the potential to take over for Nicol’s in the next couple years.  If you let both Davis and Lefevour go and Nicol’s goes down you’re screwed.  

To me, it doesn't matter worth a damn if Davis and LeFevour "know" LaPolice's system- they have to go onto the field and execute. They didn't.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Cause he never has. If Sutton has been able to play, he usually starts over him.

Sutton is 36, which is ancient for a RB, how hard could it be to replace him with a younger and cheaper RB?  Somebody needs to take the job of building up a football team seriously in Montreal.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sutton is 36, which is ancient for a RB, how hard could it be to replace him with a younger and cheaper RB?  Somebody needs to take the job of building up a football team seriously in Montreal.

I'm sure Rutley was injured last year...  I thought he sat out most of the season

And no way Sutton is 36 years old...  30 maybe

Edited by Floyd

Posted on January 16, 2018 by 3Down Staff // 2 Comments

The Alouettes have named six assistant coaches for the upcoming season.

Paul Dunn (offensive line coach and run game coordinator), Bert Hill (defensive line coach), Jason Tucker (receivers coach), Todd Howard (linebackers coach), André Bolduc (running backs coach) and Billy Parker (defensive backs coach) will be a part of head coach Mike Sherman‘s coaching staff for the 2018 season. Quality control coaches will be added at a later date.

20 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Paul Dunn (offensive line coach and run game coordinator), Bert Hill (defensive line coach), Jason Tucker (receivers coach), Todd Howard (linebackers coach), André Bolduc (running backs coach) and Billy Parker (defensive backs coach) will be a part of head coach Mike Sherman‘s coaching staff for the 2018 season. Quality control coaches will be added at a later date.

glad he landed on his feet.. thought he was a decent enough coach..

how odd is it to see our outcasts landing work elsewhere now though?  Am I in the twilight zone!?

8 hours ago, tracker said:

To me, it doesn't matter worth a damn if Davis and LeFevour "know" LaPolice's system- they have to go onto the field and execute. They didn't.

I’m pretty sure Durant hasn’t been lighting things up either. Yes he won more games last season than Davis and Lefevour... A whopping three wins.  IMO all 3 are pretty meh. I’m sure better options will present. 

2 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

I’m pretty sure Durant hasn’t been lighting things up either. Yes he won more games last season than Davis and Lefevour... A whopping three wins.  IMO all 3 are pretty meh. I’m sure better options will present. 

The difference to me is that Durant, although well-paid,  played for a team that was fortunate to win any games at all, what with the gong show going on in Montreal. Davis and LeFevour did not have that millstone around their necks.  If the Bombers come up with a really promising quarterback prospect and he beats out Durant or anyone else in training camp, so be it. Our track record of recruiting finding quarterbacks over the past oh, 20 years, does not inspire confidence.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

The difference to me is that Durant, although well-paid,  played for a team that was fortunate to win any games at all, what with the gong show going on in Montreal. Davis and LeFevour did not have that millstone around their necks.  If the Bombers come up with a really promising quarterback prospect and he beats out Durant or anyone else in training camp, so be it. Our track record of recruiting finding quarterbacks over the past oh, 20 years, does not inspire confidence.

Ya it would be nice if the club’s scouting staff could bring in a half decent up-and-comer that we could get excited about.  Hopefully the clubs biggest signing of the off season is  Ryan Rigmaiden.

5 hours ago, SPuDS said:

glad he landed on his feet.. thought he was a decent enough coach..

how odd is it to see our outcasts landing work elsewhere now though?  Am I in the twilight zone!?

You have to get over this. We aren't the same bad football team we were a few years ago. The 2018 Alouettes are the Bombers of 2013. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

14 hours ago, Mark F said:

Putting together a pretty nice staff in Montreal.  Sherman is no dummy.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎15 at 7:34 PM, Rich said:

He never wore a Redbkacks either, but he was both their property for a time.  Argos might only have been seconds but he was traded there. 

Oh I know...

But it just makes me feel better to say it.