Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

yeah they talk of a great contract that fits nicely into the sms there...don't see it ...but i guess based on the intellect there that's what you'd expect to hear.

225K lopped off the cap right off the hop has to be a bit concerning..as well as 205k more of salary to cover...on a guy who may still not have it...or get re-injured...tho anyone can be injured but a quarter million tied into a player in a sms small cap league is just dumb.

No what if Bridge plays lights out and beats out Zack...are they gonna still start Zack...and alienate him further as it seems he is a bit perturbed now based on some tweets

Wonder what his deal is worth....I'd say has to be around 200k

Collaros has a .166 win % the last 2 years, and before anyone says "well he played for a crap team", his counterpart Masoli was over .500 with the same supporting cast.  Those are numbers comparable to Darian Durant's last 2 years but Riderfans are praising Jones for his foresight in not re-signing Durant last year. Hypocrites. I'm not going to say that Collaros is not better than Durant but this contract is not one to be praised. It's a huge gamble on a QB that has not performed well in years.

The biggest laugh is they are suggesting that Collaros is better than Nichols.

Edited by gcn11

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah they talk of a great contract that fits nicely into the sms there...don't see it ...but i guess based on the intellect there that's what you'd expect to hear.

225K lopped off the cap right off the hop has to be a bit concerning..as well as 205k more of salary to cover...on a guy who may still not have it...or get re-injured...tho anyone can be injured but a quarter million tied into a player in a sms small cap league is just dumb.

No what if Bridge plays lights out and beats out Zack...are they gonna still start Zack...and alienate him further as it seems he is a bit perturbed now based on some tweets

Wonder what his deal is worth....I'd say has to be around 200k

Both Bridge and Adams are prone to disgruntlement, Jones commitment to Collaros will refuel the QB carousel.

4 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Collaros has a .166 win % the last 2 years, and before anyone says "well he played for a crap team", his counterpart Masoli was over .500 with the same supporting cast.  Those are numbers comparable to Darian Durant's last 2 years but Riderfans are praising Jones for his foresight in not re-signing Durant last year. Hypocrites. I'm not going to say that Collaros is not better than Durant but this contract is not one to be praised. It's a huge gamble on a QB that has not performed well in years.

they are seriously banking on pre-injury collaros to be the one that shows up in riderville and not the willy'd version.   If he is back and 100% with no jitters.. he will be a good QB for them.  If he can't regain that form, he will bomb out just like he did in hamilton for the last year and a half..

Collaros, when healthy and on point, is a very good QB. I don't know if he can regain the level of play he had when he first made the jump from toronto to hamilton.. even getting some of it back would make for a pretty good QB.. better then nichols though is definitely laughable.

22 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Well last year they said Glenn was better than Nichols too. The simple fact is that if the Riders were going into a season with a turnip as their starting qb they'd try and claim that it was better than Nichols too. 

18 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

The hate continues for Sask....so be it.  It maybe a hefty price but right now I would take their QB depth over ours. Still a significant concern.

It's not hate. It's justified criticism of a group of fanboys whose team can do no wrong. Those same biased clowns no doubt all laughed at Collaros' and the Ti-Cats' struggles the last two or so seasons, but now he's magically the saviour in Riderville.

And calm down, chicken little. Or go cheer for Jonestown if their depth is so much better than the Bombers' right now.

2 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

The hate continues for Sask....so be it.  It maybe a hefty price but right now I would take their QB depth over ours. Still a significant concern.

Ummm...no. Even if our backups were zeros, Nichols is ten or close, and none of the QBs under contract in Regina rate higher than a 3, we are waaay ahead.

4 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

meh Thomas had better stats then Steele last year and has been a bomber for 5 years now.  Steele might be from wpg but IMO Thomas has probably endeared himself to Oshea and will likely continue to have a job here

Cant rely on the stats. Players play in different system. Jones D is only rushing 3 DL most of the time.

Riverboat gambler Corky Jones is all in on Zach....heh heh...IF Collaros doesn't return any dividends, they'll be tying Jones to the paddle wheel and sinking him...That's a lot of coin to be tied up in pivots...I'm sure Bridge is watching this and thinking ..wow..Jonesie has dropped a bundle on Zach and I'm glad I only signed for one year...This is going to be fun to watch...Interesting days ahead in Saskabush country heh heh

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Riverboat gambler Corky Jones is all in on Zach....heh heh...IF Collaros doesn't return any dividends, they'll be tying Jones to the paddle wheel and sinking him...That's a lot of coin to be tied up in pivots...I'm sure Bridge is watching this and thinking ..wow..Jonesie has dropped a bundle on Zach and I'm glad I only signed for one year...This is going to be fun to watch...Interesting days ahead in Saskabush country heh heh

With some misgivings, I would be interested in Bridge as a project QB, but only if he was willing to work on the deficits in his game.  God knows, he couldn't be worse than LeFevour or Davis.