Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

Almost a quarter million upfront. ?.ouch       .

Same people who praised him as a prudent money man in slashing the lavish salaries of Dressler etc. are praising him for doing what it takes to secure an elite player.

Nice work if you can get it.

Edited by Zontar

3 hours ago, tracker said:

With some misgivings, I would be interested in Bridge as a project QB, but only if he was willing to work on the deficits in his game.  God knows, he couldn't be worse than LeFevour or Davis.

Other than his citizenship, which doesn't matter given his position, what's the big difference between Bridge and a guy like Lefevour? Both suspect passers who try and get by on their athleticism. Did Bridge do anything that wasn't improvising on a broken play at all? Not like he's a fresh faced rookie in the CFL either,  he's been around for a few years and is still the same guy he always was. 

I just don't see the hype. Is it cause he came into games after Glenn ****** things up and was OK? Cause that's a totally different situation than starting games in the CFL.

30 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Almost a quarter million upfront. ?.ouch       .

Same people who praised him as a prudent money man in slashing the lavish salaries of Dressler etc. are praising him for doing what it takes to secure an elite player.

Nice work if you can get it.

I wonder if Durant feels slighted.  First the Riders use the draft pick they got for trading Durant to get Collaros, now Jones gives Collaros the contract that Durant was asking for last season.

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Other than his citizenship, which doesn't matter given his position, what's the big difference between Bridge and a guy like Lefevour? Both suspect passers who try and get by on their athleticism. Did Bridge do anything that wasn't improvising on a broken play at all? Not like he's a fresh faced rookie in the CFL either,  he's been around for a few years and is still the same guy he always was. 

I just don't see the hype. Is it cause he came into games after Glenn ****** things up and was OK? Cause that's a totally different situation than starting games in the CFL.

Bridge is a much better passer than LeFevour. I'd take him over Le Fevour in a flash. I didn't know how bad he was until we played Calgary & their B Team defense.  Conditions were bad but Nichols would have had decent numbers. 

On 1/19/2018 at 8:30 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bridge is a much better passer than LeFevour. I'd take him over Le Fevour in a flash. I didn't know how bad he was until we played Calgary & their B Team defense.  Conditions were bad but Nichols would have had decent numbers. 

I don't think Bridge is "a much better passer". He's shown nothing but the ability to elude defenders and fling the ball, just like LeFevour. 

Edited by JCon
English

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I don't think Bridge is "a much better passer". He's shown nothing but the ability to allude defenders and fling the ball, just like LeFevour. 

Don't agree. He's a Rider so around here we discount ability by a further 20%. Bridge has a funny style of throwing the ball but even with that LeFevour isn't his equal.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't agree. He's a Rider so around here we discount ability by a further 20%. Bridge has a funny style of throwing the ball but even with that LeFevour isn't his equal.

Yeah, Rider, whatever. He wasn't always and still couldn't sling it consistently. 

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I hear what you are saying and I offer you:

The Montreal Alouttes 

Freeman, Josh 
Harris, Jacory    
Pipkin, Antonio    
Shiltz, Matthew    
Willy, Drew

haha I was just about to post that someone clearly hadn't had a look at the Montreal qb situation. 

18 hours ago, tracker said:

Maybe, but Bridge has some battlefield experience- Adams is still unknown for the most part.

I don't disagree. But Bridge was re-signed and with the addition of Collaros, it makes me wonder if Adams gets released.

If it were a question of choosing between Adams or Bridge, no doubt the latter gets my vote.