Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

20 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I was almost certain that Anthony Coombs was supposed to become a FA this February.

I thought there was a discussion about this back in the fall and he's got at least one more year left...

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

From what they said on the radio  Willie Jefferson has a deal in place with the Riders.   He was the best player on that defense so I would assume he gets a nice raise as well. 

I wonder what kind of salary cuts the team will need to make in order to be under the cap?

I thought Jefferson already resigned?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I think possibly now since not a lot of money to go around on offence in Sask now....Collaros' big deal...now Carter at just under 200k...I sure Roosevelt got a bump up..Bridge got an increase..If they want to keep their defense intact Jefferson...Steele...Mruabe..Knox Jr...Leonard all are going to be looking for more...and that doesn't even factor in if they want to make a big signing via free agency.

Thats a lot of core players left that hasn't been resigned...and some money will have to be shaved elsewhere..so I see them going cheap in the Canadian receiver spot to try and compensate...They still have to sign Bailey too...so I can see them going with Bagg...Picton...and that Stanford and letting the more vet guys go.

Christ they still need to sign Campbell...if he is wanting to sign there and deal with Dennis's albatross of a contract

Watch them, they'll start compiling their I.R. the day F.A. opens.

It would seem logical that the Riders have to make cuts given that Collaros is about an $130,000 increase on Glenn, Carter seemingly got at least a $50,000 increase, Bridges's increase, Jefferson's deal when it becomes official etc. However the province of the 13th man has always had issues with math and coupling that with Jones's tendency to cheat and well........

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

It would seem logical that the Riders have to make cuts given that Collaros is about an $130,000 increase on Glenn, Carter seemingly got at least a $50,000 increase, Bridges's increase, Jefferson's deal when it becomes official etc. However the province of the 13th man has always had issues with math and coupling that with Jones's tendency to cheat and well........

I may have misheard on the radio yesterday,  but I think Collaros is guaranteed $430 000 ...  I thought Glenn was signed more so around the $250 000 guaranteed? 

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I may have misheard on the radio yesterday,  but I think Collaros is guaranteed $430 000 ...  I thought Glenn was signed more so around the $250 000 guaranteed? 

You are correct, also, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Bridge will now be making far more than the league minimum he made last year. That might constitute a jump of 100k one has to think. The RIders can cheat but they can only cheat so much, some good players are on their way out of Regina.

Edited by gcn11

Bridge was not making league minimum last year...he was released from Allouttes for refusing a paycut so obviously was making well over the minimum there, and chose the Riders over the Redblacks when he signed in 2016...so I'm assuming there was a bit of competition salary wise.

He is I bet making at least 150k as a base this year..seeing as at the time he was possibly their only real viable option...and he signed prior to free agency, so must of got something he was happy with...to think he is only making a max of 100k as his base is highly unlikely...

Edited by Booch

Nothing short of second place will keep Jones being fluffed. His apologists cant say they need a QB, cant say they're still rebuilding if last year was a "success" and they cant say theyre still cleaning up after Taman if Jones is spending like this.

Put or shut up time has arrived. 

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

Nothing short of second place will keep Jones being fluffed. His apologists cant say they need a QB, cant say they're still rebuilding if last year was a "success" and they cant say theyre still cleaning up after Taman if Jones is spending like this.

Put or shut up time has arrived. 

Rider fans and management have proven repeatedly that they do not embarrass easily, so this is not a gimme.

10 hours ago, Booch said:

I think possibly now since not a lot of money to go around on offence in Sask now....Collaros' big deal...now Carter at just under 200k...I sure Roosevelt got a bump up..Bridge got an increase..If they want to keep their defense intact Jefferson...Steele...Mruabe..Knox Jr...Leonard all are going to be looking for more...and that doesn't even factor in if they want to make a big signing via free agency.

Thats a lot of core players left that hasn't been resigned...and some money will have to be shaved elsewhere..so I see them going cheap in the Canadian receiver spot to try and compensate...They still have to sign Bailey too...so I can see them going with Bagg...Picton...and that Stanford and letting the more vet guys go.

Christ they still need to sign Campbell...if he is wanting to sign there and deal with Dennis's albatross of a contract

I think its cute that you still think this matters with Jones.