Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

6 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This was pretty much inevitable. Carter's personality is such that rules don't apply to him. I hope the league will come down hard on the arrogant twit, because the Riders will probably come up with some kind of excuse to absolve Carter.

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I guarantee even after they make pot legal, it will still be an offence to bring "unauthorized pot" into the country through an airport.

The real question is how stupid and/or stoned do you have to be to think you can carry an illegal substance through international customs and get away with it? Legalities aside, that has to take major league stupidity. Or thinking that you can get away with anything because you're "special".

I work in the Cannabis industry, the legal one! I'm not a dealer lol. Anway, has it been confirmed that he was crossing an international border or had? He could have been boarding a plane in Saskatoon to go somewhere else in Canada, is why I'm asking. If he did go international, for sure smuggling charges and he's a dumb ****. If not, for a possession charge to stick he would have to have a decent amount on him. Though that might be different with it being in an airport.
As for his WPG charge, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he had cocaine. Just a guess but I don't know why they wouldn't say it was cannabis if that's what it was. His previous charge could also be playing a role  in his most recent arrest.

Either way I love it! **** YOU DURON! 

Yup...

"Saskatoon police were called by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials just before midnight Thursday. CBSA agents stopped a traveler and searched his bags and located marijuana. Police attended and arrested and charged Carter."

http://leaderpost.com/news/crime/riders-receiver-duron-carter-charged-with-marijuana-possession

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Pretty sure teams can release players at anytime. It's how the CFL wants the contracts structured.

Can't complain when a team releases a player for their own reasons.

He's talking side deals like signing a 2 year deal with the agreement a player will be let out of his deal aftwe 1 to pursue NFL opportunties when teams aren't supposed to.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

Yup...

"Saskatoon police were called by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials just before midnight Thursday. CBSA agents stopped a traveler and searched his bags and located marijuana. Police attended and arrested and charged Carter."

http://leaderpost.com/news/crime/riders-receiver-duron-carter-charged-with-marijuana-possession

HAHAHAHA yeah that's a entirely different situation that just possession. Depending on what he was officially charged with he could have a hard time getting back into Canada.

Shoulda took that NFL deal you dip ****.

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I work in the Cannabis industry, the legal one! I'm not a dealer lol. Anway, has it been confirmed that he was crossing an international border or had? He could have been boarding a plane in Saskatoon to go somewhere else in Canada, is why I'm asking. If he did go international, for sure smuggling charges and he's a dumb ****. If not, for a possession charge to stick he would have to have a decent amount on him. Though that might be different with it being in an airport.
As for his WPG charge, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he had cocaine. Just a guess but I don't know why they wouldn't say it was cannabis if that's what it was. His previous charge could also be playing a role  in his most recent arrest.

Either way I love it! **** YOU DURON! 

Justin Dunk just was interviewed on the Fan 960 here in Calgary. Didn't go into any details but he thinks the charge he faces in Winnipeg is much more serious & will be a problem for him than the weed possession charge in Sakatoon. So, it must be something other than weed. What a fool. You'd think he'd have learned. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Justin Dunk just was interviewed on the Fan 960 here in Calgary. Didn't go into any details but he thinks the charge he faces in Winnipeg is much more serious & will be a problem for him than the weed possession charge in Sakatoon. So, it must be something other than weed. What a fool. You'd think he'd have learned. 

Maybe that's why the he "Decided on Regina over the NFL". I'm guessing if the NFL got wiff of that they wouldn't be too keen on him.

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/02/cfl-commissioner-says-players-work-off-season/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DrewEdwards3downnation+(3+Down+Nation-Drew+Edwards+√)

'Players should work in the off-season...  all it takes is one injury...'

Ambrosie starting to dig a hole.

Why can't we have nice things.

He's right. This is the CFL & not the NFL. The league doesn't pay like that other league. Guys can have exceptional careers with the connections in the community to the business world most CFL teams have.  They don't know how good they have it. 

18 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Maybe that's why the he "Decided on Regina over the NFL". I'm guessing if the NFL got wiff of that they wouldn't be too keen on him.

Can you imagine the tweet fest Donald Trump would have with this if he signed with an NFL team & it came out? You know the NFL wants no part of a guy like that. They suspend players in the NFL for that.  He's now a career CFL receiver if he beats the charges.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, did Carter tell the Riders about his Peg charge or did  he pull a Pavelec? 

It's funny that the one team that likes to talk about their player code of conduct seems to have the most arrests in the league every year. 

Edited by WinnipegGordo
its Friday

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

The entire purpose of a police force is to enforce the legislation that is currently in effect, they can't speculate on when, or if marijuana legalization will get punched through. Obviously, legalization is likely going to happen, as it stands right now though, it is illegal.

In football, would you get mad if a referee didn't let a team have their 2nd challenge in a game, because he knew that the next week the CFL was going to announce that each team was limited to one challenge? What if he was pretty sure they were going to change the rule say, 5 months from then?

Right. Possession is illegal at the moment. So the law has been broken. Not struck off the books yet.

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You can't say that with any kind of certainty since BC has been fined for letting Awe out of his contract. 

Yes I can. CFL teams can cut ties with a player at any time - all they have to do is cut him.

If not, then the Als can also be fined for cutting Darian Durant.

Who gets to decide the difference between the two scenarios?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Dan Federkeil retiring ... Calgary is getting torn up.

Posey was high up there on the list of receivers I was hoping to see us get ... I suppose I’ll hold out hope for Davaris Daniels ...

You think Calgary's freeing up $$ for Westerman?