Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

If we are gonna pay large dollars I would rather offer Mathews that and see if he is interested in coming back.

If not..i think 150-155k should be more than enough to land a Daniels, or even less would be a deal we could get Criner...who I think  is a Darvin Adams type guy just needing to have his opportunity to be a top 2 guy in a system

My default would be going after SJ Green and only cause his age, but he is probably the most clutch guy out there

Bowman supposedly had his vision corrected.....but maybe not a 100% as he still drops the rock and at crucial times...Still a pretty good receiver BUT is he the best we can do...There's some pretty good pass catchers headed for fa....I think we should pass if he wants the moon..

33 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I really hope they are planning on landing more than 1 rec in FA. Bombers need another game changer however they also need to shore up the depth at american Rec.

You can't build your entire receiving corps through free agency. Kyle Walters needs to get his **** together and bring in some depth from outside the CFL. 

Manitoba RCMP said Monday that Carter was alleged to have more than 30 grams of pot with him at the time of his arrest.

Even once marijuana is legal in Canada, possession of more than 30 grams will still be against the law.

http://www.cjme.com/2018/02/05/carter-caught-with-more-than-30-grams-of-pot-manitoba-rcmp/

yeah thats the most entertaining thing about this...and that could be a bad thing for Carter having that much as well...especially bringing it across borders...thats a bit more than  just a simple possession charge, and one that is a charge whether it is going to be legal..or not

Imagine the cap hit if he is not allowed to be in Canada this year...his upfront bonus cuts nicely into their sms

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

You can't build your entire receiving corps through free agency. Kyle Walters needs to get his **** together and bring in some depth from outside the CFL. 

1) that's not what I said. Adding another game changer and a depth player isn't the entire corps.

2) the 2016 Redblacks would disagree.

Edited by Bigblue204

1 minute ago, gcn11 said:

Marijuana possession of over 30 grams, almost always, is a charge of possession with the intent to traffic. I am wondering if that isn't his specific marijuana charge here in Manitoba. What was he doing here on November 25th you ask? My guess is visiting Jordan Reaves....lmao.

And why in Saskatoon recently?  Just odd timing!

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎02 at 2:51 PM, Noeller said:

That's a very good point...at the end of the day, the big picture is that we all want the Riders season to get burned to the ground....and that is better achieved with Carter in the mix....

Yea....it's a real dilemma. I love the potential of his toxicity to derail things, but I also want Riderfans heads to blow up if he is released/suspended/put in jail.

Just now, gcn11 said:

Yea....it's a real dilemma. I love the potential of his toxicity to derail things, but I also want Riderfans heads to blow up if he is released/suspended/put in jail.

They will just say its the league out to get them! And that it was planted on Carter while he was here helping the sick and needy.....

9 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

They will just say its the league out to get them! And that it was planted on Carter while he was here helping the sick and needy.....

I hadn't even considered the whole framed angle.

Maybe the officer was a Bomber fan?

Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children
     shout,
But there is no joy in Riderville—mighty Carter has just been cut.

Edited by JCon

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's more than 30 grams, which will still be illegal after July 1st.

But, yes, it's still pot. Can't wait until we get past this prohibition.

It's still not even determined to be "July 1st" According to Trudeau it's in the "Summer sometime". It may not even be in the summer at this point.  I completely agree that it needs to just happen and they need to set an amount you can have on you etc. But until then it's the law and they will still treat it that way.

But having 30 or more grams and doing it twice speaks volumes about the guy.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/12/19/date-for-legalized-pot-is-next-summer-not-july-1-trudeau-says.html

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict

I know not every pro athlete is going to be like Milt, but this guy is a total moron. I hate greasy stoners to begin with, and having as much on him as he did, is a major optics problem for the league. Really hoping the league and the cops come down hard on the guy and the Riders look like maximum assholes out of all this...

43 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's more than 30 grams, which will still be illegal after July 1st.

But, yes, it's still pot. Can't wait until we get past this prohibition.

Which really makes a ton of sense.  30 grams of pot?  No problem, have a great day.  31?  Prepare your anus, you're going to jail for a long time kid.

For all on here that want him jailed can we please send the bill for his room and board to you.  Is the guy a moron, no question,  is he or will he be the only moron that will or could be busted for pot.....? Not friggin likely.  The time, effort and expense of all this could be better spent on other issues.