Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think they want the opportunity to jet if they get an offer from the NFL. Football life is so short and they want the chance to make real money if they can. The commish needs to balance the needs of the CFL with the realities of where it fits in against the NFL. The commish also needs to look at how the XFL, if it actually gets off the ground, may affect recruiting to the CFL.

It's sort of hard to figure out the impact of vapor.

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I think they want the opportunity to jet if they get an offer from the NFL. Football life is so short and they want the chance to make real money if they can. The commish needs to balance the needs of the CFL with the realities of where it fits in against the NFL. The commish also needs to look at how the XFL, if it actually gets off the ground, may affect recruiting to the CFL.

Yeah, I think a player should be able to go to the NFL if he gets the opportunity and his CFL team simply retains his rights for the option year. That seems like a win-win to me, and probably the only solution going forward. I can't see minimum salaries going up in some significant way any time soon.

Didn't want Sherrit so not a big deal

Dean was always the prime pick I think...and just coming into his own..A unity with Dean and JSK and Leggitt with Wild rotating in would make good sense to me and allow us to be a lot more aggressive on defense and dithch the role the MLB played lately...

Just now, Booch said:

Didn't want Sherrit so not a big deal

Dean was always the prime pick I think...and just coming into his own..A unity with Dean and JSK and Leggitt with Wild rotating in would make good sense to me and allow us to be a lot more aggressive on defense and dithch the role the MLB played lately...

Thoughts on Konar?

Still young and relatively unproven but has the skill and potential.

I guess depends on where we are wanting to go with the ratio and also...do we have an adequate back-up who could step in if he goes down without messing with ratio...or leaving us weak

Best bet is to land the stud import..and have guys on roster we could shuffle and move if he got hurt..I would have no problem with JSK sliding into the middle and Wild filling his spot..as opposed to a lesser talented back-up canadian role player having to step in.

Hopefully where our ratio is headed that maybe by next year we are going 4 nationals on the oline and basically only needing Loffler as the National on defense...

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Still young and relatively unproven but has the skill and potential.

I guess depends on where we are wanting to go with the ratio and also...do we have an adequate back-up who could step in if he goes down without messing with ratio...or leaving us weak

Best bet is to land the stud import..and have guys on roster we could shuffle and move if he got hurt..I would have no problem with JSK sliding into the middle and Wild filling his spot..as opposed to a lesser talented back-up canadian role player having to step in.

Hopefully where our ratio is headed that maybe by next year we are going 4 nationals on the oline and basically only needing Loffler as the National on defense...

So which OL would you sign then?  Comfortable with Neufeld/Couture?

My gut says keep Bond - sign Demski and Lafrance - I know thats not the plan though...

2 OL,  RB, 2 REC, S, DE/DT rotation