Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

14 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I thought Bowman retired last year?  Good player but this is a pretty obvious position that Kavis could have used an infusion of younger blood.  I will be literally amazed if Reed is still the Als GM by game 6.

I feel like fighting today. I say 7 games.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I thought Bowman retired last year?  Good player but this is a pretty obvious position that Kavis could have used an infusion of younger blood.  I will be literally amazed if Reed is still the Als GM by game 6.

I disagree. Bowman is a leader in a locker room that can desperately use one. Montreal needs some semblance of veteran guidance. 

I dont see a national DL.. I think we go 4 Americans with Trent and Faith backing up. And from what Walters hinted at.. Im not sure MLB is gonna be a free agent thing. I think JSK or one of the younger PR guys get a chance. If we do tho.. I see Dean as a possibility... Valdosta State Alumni like Leggett. 

Edited by Goalie

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I dont see a national DL.. I think we go 4 Americans with Trent and Faith backing up. And from what Walters hinted at.. Im not sure MLB is gonna be a free agent thing. I think JSK or one of the younger PR guys get a chance. If we do tho.. I see Dean as a possibility... Valdosta State Alumni like Leggett. 

Odd, I was thinking Ted Laurent would have been a good fit here.

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Makes the Bowman signing even more important. Running out of good import receivers in FA.

I wonder how much the signing of Bowman impacted pending free-agent receivers.  Perhaps Winnipeg was seen as an reason to hit free-agency but they may have informed certain agents that they are no longer going to be going after top receivers in free-agency.