Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

3 hours ago, tracker said:

Actually, I did that once. It took an apology plus and extra $12,000 per annum.  In retrospect, it was a mistake and my supervisor turned out to be a predator, so I quit again, even after he was fired.

Popp won't apologize & he'd cut him again id he wanted. All GMs are like that but why go back to play for him again? Money means nothing as if a team doesn't want to pay a promised bonus they don't pay. They cut. So, I don't know if money means a lot as Muamba hasn't seen money in the past that was contractually promised. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I hope Iso is right but I feel Henoc will always be driven by $$$.... Here's hoping we have it. 

Money means nothing when teams have no intention of ever paying. Just to lure a player in to get their name on a contract. I hope Muamba has figured out that a contract in the CFL is not worth the paper it's written on.  I'm hoping Muamba values trust now as well.

I'm confused....Rider Stronson told anyone who would listen last year that his connections in the Riders organization were more reliable than Dunk's reporting and that Henoc was only making 150k last year and that the 70k bonuses were included in and not on top of the 150k reported salary. He then went on about a 10 forum page rant on anyone who questioned him about this, and then starting banning people for being trolls for questioning the reliability of his information and about how Chris Jones was able to sign him for well under market value because Muamba wanted to play for him.

Yesterday, we learned that Dunk was correct, and one of the first people out of the gate was Stronson saying that 220k was way too high for Henoc and that Jones is brilliant to release him.

Hilarious stuff over there at Riderfans......lmao

24 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I'm confused....Rider Stronson told anyone who would listen last year that his connections in the Riders organization were more reliable than Dunk's reporting and that Henoc was only making 150k last year and that the 70k bonuses were included in and not on top of the 150k reported salary. He then went on about a 10 forum page rant on anyone who questioned him about this, and then starting banning people for being trolls for questioning the reliability of his information and about how Chris Jones was able to sign him for well under market value because Muamba wanted to play for him.

Yesterday, we learned that Dunk was correct, and one of the first people out of the gate was Stronson saying that 220k was way too high for Henoc and that Jones is brilliant to release him.

Hilarious stuff over there at Riderfans......lmao

Stronson, Rotor, BSD, Rdavidson all think they’re a lot smarter than they actually are. Any move the Riders make is a good move, regardless of their previous thoughts on the topic. 

I still remember when Stronson was celebrating the fact that Walters  and O’Shea got three year extensions, claiming that it was “great for the Riders”. :lol:

21 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Stronson, Rotor, BSD, Rdavidson all think they’re a lot smarter than they actually are. Any move the Riders make is a good move, regardless of their previous thoughts on the topic. 

I still remember when Stronson was celebrating the fact that Walters  and O’Shea got three year extensions, claiming that it was “great for the Riders”. :lol:

Bingo. There’s been some speculation that a few of the major Koolaiders there are actually involved with the club in some capacity. No idea if it’s true or not, but over the past few years, I just know I’ve watched Stronson go from respectable to insufferable. 

That place is just ... different. Most team forums you go to, there’s a small contingent of folks who are deep into the fanboyism but they’re usually drowned out by the majority who operate in realism. That place is the exact opposite. Everything Riders is good. Everything else is bad. No ability to be objective whatsoever.

Feel bad for the few good ones over there ... 

i agree....weird place

but I got banned permanently there the other day for them not liking my posts based on facts i guess..hahaha

saying that someone was "mad cause there mom made them bring up their dirt dishes from the basement" after i got attacked for a comment got me banned...what a bunch of turds

2 hours ago, Booch said:

i agree....weird place

but I got banned permanently there the other day for them not liking my posts based on facts i guess..hahaha

saying that someone was "mad cause there mom made them bring up their dirt dishes from the basement" after i got attacked for a comment got me banned...what a bunch of turds

In Saskatchewan, turds are considered valuable natural resources.

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

Bingo. There’s been some speculation that a few of the major Koolaiders there are actually involved with the club in some capacity. No idea if it’s true or not, but over the past few years, I just know I’ve watched Stronson go from respectable to insufferable. 

Has to be. The way they turn on a previously supported individual or decision borders on Orwellian.

Case in point Chamblin. Almost over night a narrative was crafted that he was falling out of favour and suddenly Chamblin began to be ridiculed.

Coincidence maybe that the select group correctly guessed what was going on ....  but its happened a lot. 

And the vigor and insistence suggests more than just ones online reputation is at $take. Wink, wink.