Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

The board is not united...!!! Whew, I was worried the rapture had arrived and I'm still a sinner.

If you're ever concerned about this  very thing, check the color of the header of your favorite football discussion board. 

If it's not green and has no Rod Pedersen real estate ads, then you can be sure you're not suffering through the hell-on-earth of the Great Tribulation. 

I've used this in dreams, it totally works.

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Cody fjardo signs with bc. I low key hoped we'd get him some how. I always worry when wally gets a qb. 

He did not look good spelling Ray last year. 

I remember Bluto saying that the Trestman offence befuddled Ray during the early parts of last season, so maybe this is no stain on Fajardo, maybe no one but a veteran with their mind right can run the Trestman offence.

12 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I remember Bluto saying that the Trestman offence befuddled Ray during the early parts of last season, so maybe this is no stain on Fajardo, maybe no one but a veteran with their mind right can run the Trestman offence.

Makes sense why they would want a guy like Franklin to come in and back up for a year and learn the offense before becoming the starter.

49 minutes ago, johnzo said:

He needs seasoning for sure and yeah that era was rough in general for them. Hes my ideal type of guy for a no3 spot. Have him do holding on field goals, short yardage and you can use him in an option package. If the no1 qb goes down you dont change any thing on hold/short yardage. If you end up at your no3 qb for any length of time might as well be some one who can run the option and churn out some steady yardage. He may develop into some thing special as a starter. Or he may be bryan bennett with a much better passing acumen. 

For those of you just joining us....

1. Rider GM Chris Jones is scrambling to clean his cap situation after some ambitious and generous FA shopping and other signings during his tenure.

2. But Rider fans are standing by their GM for rapidly attempting to build a winner through such spending.

3. Previously Rider fans  stood by Jones praising him for his fiscal restraint  in chopping large salaries and patient team building .

4. This after he replaced and cleaned up after his predecessor Brendan Taman whose ambitious and generous FA shopping and signings was condemned by fans.

5. Previously ,Taman was praised by Rider fans for rapidly building a winner through such spending.

Updates as they happen.

Edited by Zontar

20 hours ago, Mike said:

Bingo. There’s been some speculation that a few of the major Koolaiders there are actually involved with the club in some capacity. No idea if it’s true or not, but over the past few years, I just know I’ve watched Stronson go from respectable to insufferable. 

That place is just ... different. Most team forums you go to, there’s a small contingent of folks who are deep into the fanboyism but they’re usually drowned out by the majority who operate in realism. That place is the exact opposite. Everything Riders is good. Everything else is bad. No ability to be objective whatsoever.

Feel bad for the few good ones over there ... 

If ever there was a forum that was begging to be Morning Big Blue'd, there it is.

11 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Makes sense why they would want a guy like Franklin to come in and back up for a year and learn the offense before becoming the starter.

I think a handsome poster typed words to that effect while people were planning Ray's retirement party and succession plan back in the first week of January. 

9 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Carter's Wpg. court appearance scheduled for today was arraigned till Feb. 28th.

He celebrated by purchasing a puke green Dodge Charger. 

Should have gotten it in orange to match his upcoming prison wardrobe.

Edited by sweep the leg