Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

Ol Kavis claiming they didn't over pay for any player..and all players had market value

Well considering Westerman signed for 40k more than the next closest...isn't that over paying?...should they not have just matched...or been "slightly" over

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

Ol Kavis claiming they didn't over pay for any player..and all players had market value

Well considering Westerman signed for 40k more than the next closest...isn't that over paying?...should they not have just matched...or been "slightly" over

Hard to know who's the bigger idiot as GMs go: Kavis or Jones.

Man, Leo Cahill passed away today.  Such sad news. He was 89.  For you younger fans who may know very little or nothing about him he was a colourful individual & character.  A master recruiter bringing us the likes of Joe Theismann, Jim Stillwagon & Jim Corrigall to the CFL.  He made the Argos the talk of the town in Toronto in the early 70's & easily made them by far the most hated team in the CFL with their brashness & arrogance. I remember being a teen & going to Winnipeg Stadium in 1971 or 72, whichever year they played at the stadium & hearing the chorus of boos rain down from the stands.  And he loved every minute of it. RIP Leo Cahill. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Man, Leo Cahill passed away today.  Such sad news. He was 89.  For you younger fans who may know very little or nothing about him he was a colourful individual & character.  A master recruiter bringing us the likes of Joe Theismann, Jim Stillwagon & Jim Corrigall to the CFL.  He made the Argos the talk of the town in Toronto in the early 70's & easily made the Argos the most hated team in the CFL with their brashness & arrogance. And he loved every minute of it. RIP Leo Cahill. 

Amen! I remember Leo being interviewed by Cactus Jack on OB way way back when. He was really fun to listen to. Really Brash and loved to take his shots at just about every other team in the CFL. Loved it! I think he and Matty when Matty was with the Tribune really had a feud going.

1 minute ago, BBRT said:

Amen! I remember Leo being interviewed by Cactus Jack on OB way way back when. He was really fun to listen to. Really Brash and loved to take his shots at just about every other team in the CFL. Loved it! I think he and Matty when Matty was with the Tribune really had a feud going.

Yet, he seemed to be having fun doing it & not being an ass about it like others after him were. He said some brash things & at times they came back to bite him in the ass so he gave as good as he could get. I later became friends with Argos qb Greg Barton & if you knew him there isn't a nicer or more humble guy around. He told me hated the whole Big, Bad Argos persona as he is nothing like that & was uncomfortable with the whole thing but put up with it as it was part of Leo selling tickets. 

7 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hard to know who's the bigger idiot as GMs go: Kavis or Jones.

They didnt over pay, they paid the bare minimum to attract vets to a dumpster fire that has been taking high level FAs and turning them into un wanted junk. 

49 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Him and Jones have something in common, what a waste of cap money

Some men you just cant reach. Reed doing his best to be the worst gm of the decade.