Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the fact that anyone cares is ridiculous....he can do whatever the hell he wants during the anthem. If the guy can play football, it doesn't matter one iota what he does during the anthem...

The chance of Kaepernick playing in the CFL is pretty slender.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

is it a conspiracy of CFL owners?  Or is it just because he's shitty?

Cause he's made multi millions of dollars, and cause he's now doing other things.

As for him being shitty,  he was one play from winning the superbowl,  his record with the forty niners last season he played for them, was about the same as the guy they just gave 70 million dollars to.

So probably not that.

44 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

so if Colin K came to the CFL, would he kneel for our anthem too?

I doubt it- as Canada doesn't have a huge issue with Black racial inequality nor police brutality.  Maybe they should for Indigenous people?

they choose to kneel during the anthem to call attention to the issues of racial inequality and police brutality. "After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former NFL player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, ... during the anthem as a peaceful protest," said Reid. "We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy."

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

He's not signed because of politics, not because of talent or ability or experience.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on that one.  Winning is all that matters in the NFL so if he could win games, he'd be playing.  That being said, looks like Chuckie is looking at bringing him in to Oakland, so we'll see.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on that one.  Winning is all that matters in the NFL so if he could win games, he'd be playing.  That being said, looks like Chuckie is looking at bringing him in to Oakland, so we'll see.

No question about Kaepernick's skillset but politics are another matter altogether.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Winning is all that matters in the NFL

If winning mattered in the NFL , perennial loser Dallas Cowboys (have not won their division since 1995)  would not be no.1 fan favourite team year in and year out. 

"The Cowboys are the NFL's most valuable team for the 11th straight year and the world's most valuable sports franchise. America’s Team is worth $4.8 billion, up 14%, with profits of $350 million thanks to a booming merchandise business and the revenue opportunities at their new practice facility, The Star."

The number one thing that matters in the NFL is making money. 

58 minutes ago, Mark F said:

The number one thing that matters in the NFL is making money. 

Hard to argue that one.  Ok, so the prevailing hypothesis is that Kaepernick is good and should be in the NFL, but is being punished for kneeling.   It would be interesting if he came up to the CFL to play, that's for sure.   I did see something about Baltimore wanting to sign him and then pulling out.   Might have been "fake news".  

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bs-sp-ravens-ray-lewis-colin-kaepernick-20170905-story.html