Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Interesting article from Drew @ 3 Down Nation.... Lots of speculation. His kids wanted to be home and it sounds like he was offered a plum deal. Interesting to note that he's not the DC.... Just Assistant Head Coach. 

Sounds like HC in waiting which is what I felt he was just before he left.

Jones will be glad to just run the offense and the "aw shucks" routine for the media.

Steinauer will do everything else

On 2/22/2018 at 4:28 PM, Zontar said:

Steinauer must be insanely compensated with lots of power to go with it to voluntarily leave a US gig. Will shoulder a lot work Grandpa June cant do.

He might be putting him self into JJs  coaching lineage to try and get a big move up. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Saturday that the following four players have been released:

INT – P/K – Kenny Allen
INT – P/K – Sergio Castillo
NAT – DL – Ben D’Aguilar
INT – RB – Rajion Neal

Does anyone think there will be any interest ind D'Aguilar - don't know much about  him. Castillo should be able to catch on somewhere one would think.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Interesting that Morley would be reporting on this.    2020 seems a little too soon since Winnipeg hosted the last one.

Lines up with Manitoba 150 but it's the first I've heard of anything. Seems too soon with Saskatchewan still in the queue. 

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎15 at 10:30 AM, Booch said:

i agree....weird place

but I got banned permanently there the other day for them not liking my posts based on facts i guess..hahaha

saying that someone was "mad cause there mom made them bring up their dirt dishes from the basement" after i got attacked for a comment got me banned...what a bunch of turds

Perma-banned. Was a cesspool of stupidity the last year anyway.

Edited by gcn11

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Perma-banned because I called out the moderators after they actually went and edited and reworded one of my posts to say something different than what I had typed. Pretty bad when you have moderators who will change someone's post, deny it, and then perma ban you when you call them on it. Was a cesspool of stupidity the last year anyway.

Yeah...pretty much went there for intermittent value more than any ting...I truley think most there are pre-pubescent and pubescent teens posting there...and the rest of the majority un-educated life long saskatchewan residents..and 2 percent decent knowledgeable fans

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

2018 Edm, likely Calgary the year after..... Going west 3 years in a row doesn't make sense. But who in the east wants it? Ham and Montreal don't... Toronto and Ottawa just had it... 

Maybe im crazy but I feel like TO gets 1 out of every 3. 

On 2/24/2018 at 6:55 PM, JCon said:

Provided Castillo is healthy, I'm sure he will. 

All the guy does is perform. 85% + last year, with a long of 57. And is a very serviceable punter as well.  Yet he continues to struggle to find a job. Hands down better then guys like maher. bede, etc.