Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

FUNNIEST THING I read all day hahahaha

Wonder how the faithfull there will spin this and that Hurl has morphed into awesome as opposed to their opinions when he was here

Oh but he's great now that he is in green....The colour might have changed but the player didn't...Someone better inform the Rider's other D linemen to be ready to compensate and get ready to be in a lot of chase mode...LOL

2 hours ago, Booch said:

FUNNIEST THING I read all day hahahaha

Wonder how the faithful there will spin this and that Hurl has morphed into awesome as opposed to their opinions when he was here

There is a phenomenon called "cognitive dissonance" wherein the beliefs of an individual conflict with reality and one or the other must be disqualified. One common resonse from those deeply committed to their fantasy is to double down on their beliefs, no matter how unbelievable and attack any information to the contrary.

24 minutes ago, tracker said:

There is a phenomenon called "cognitive dissonance" wherein the beliefs of an individual conflict with reality and one or the other must be disqualified. One common resonse from those deeply committed to their fantasy is to double down on their beliefs, no matter how unbelievable and attack any information to the contrary.

Just show them the video of Hurl "attempting" to tackle Gable in the 3rd quarter of the West Semi-Final. 

He almost hurt himself.

I'm not saying the general theme here is wrong, but what if Chris Jones (who, as much as we hate to admit it, knows how to put together a Defense), actually makes Hurl look legit in his system and it's an absolute steal having a MACK at 110k that's getting the job done....?

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not saying the general theme here is wrong, but what if Chris Jones (who, as much as we hate to admit it, knows how to put together a Defense), actually makes Hurl look legit in his system and it's an absolute steal having a MACK at 110k that's getting the job done....?

Seems like a pretty big what if... Especially when you consider Hurl's career thus far. Jones is a great defensive mind but Hurl's ceiling has been well-established. I don't think there's significantly more to be extracted from his skill set, if anything at all.

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Seems like a pretty big what if... Especially when you consider Hurl's career thus far. Jones is a great defensive mind but Hurl's ceiling has been well-established. I don't think there's significantly more to be extracted from his skill set, if anything at all.

IF Jones brings in Brian Brohm maybe he just knows more than the rest of us. The key is skipping the ball one time before it reaches the receiver like tennis.

Edited by Gotmilt

The league has voided his contract in light of criminal charges laid: https://www.cfl.ca/2018/03/07/cfl-releases-statement-status-euclid-cummings/

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League released the following statement on Wednesday about the status of Euclid Cummings:

“Upon learning of the criminal charges facing Euclid Cummings, CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie has voided his contract with the BC Lions. As these charges are before the courts, the CFL will offer no further comment.”

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

But I've seen Hurl's product. I think, in terms of brains, he gets the job done but in terms of ability to physically tackle and perform, he can't. Jones can certainly put him in better postions to succeed but he can't mask everything. 

He may be good for $110k but he won't be a top MLB. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm honestly interested in how chris jones will use him. To his credit chris jones knows how to put together a solid D, so it will be interesting to see what he can get out of hurl.

If Jones can make chicken salad out of chicken poop, I will be impressed.

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

Wow.

So, what happens if Cummings is cleared of all charges? Will he be reinstated? Does that make him an FA again, free to sign anywhere? 

If the CFL voided that contract, they should give BC an exemption for the cap hit - that's pretty lame...

Really hope this isn't just a weed charge.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The Riders still have Cameron Judge their first round draft pick from 2017 on their roster, I think he  will eventually take over at MLB if they need a Natl. in that position.