Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

Here's the thing as I see it.  We've already made a huge upgrade at MLB by not re-signing Hurl.  So Henoc would be a nice-to-have, but our Canadian depth is such that he's not a got-to-have.  If he's looking for a max payout, that's fine, but I really don't think he brings enough to the table to justify the potential of us being in cap-hell by mid season.  He's a real good middle linebacker, but he's not head-and-shoulders above everyone else in the league better.   I'm confident that we've either already got, or can acquire, a import that can play every bit as well, for a whole lot less money.  If we start 3 Canuk Oline, Harris, a receiver and Loffler, we only have to play one other Canadian.  Yes, it would be nice for it to be Henoc, but it doesn't have to be, nor do we need to start jettisoning good players that might actually want to stick around beyond the end of their contract just to we can have him play for one season.  

7 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Here's the thing as I see it.  We've already made a huge upgrade at MLB by not re-signing Hurl.  So Henoc would be a nice-to-have, but our Canadian depth is such that he's not a got-to-have.  If he's looking for a max payout, that's fine, but I really don't think he brings enough to the table to justify the potential of us being in cap-hell by mid season.  He's a real good middle linebacker, but he's not head-and-shoulders above everyone else in the league better.   I'm confident that we've either already got, or can acquire, a import that can play every bit as well, for a whole lot less money.  If we start 3 Canuk Oline, Harris, a receiver and Loffler, we only have to play one other Canadian.  Yes, it would be nice for it to be Henoc, but it doesn't have to be, nor do we need to start jettisoning good players that might actually want to stick around beyond the end of their contract just to we can have him play for one season.  

Exactly, whoever signs him will overpay badly and he is no Andrew Harris. 

15 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Ah, the revisionists have arrived...  

Yeah, who needs Muamba...  we have six Cdn positions locked down... and only need one more... no biggie

Gotta agree with Floyd here... last year I saw Muamba becoming the dominant LB we thought he could be back in 2011-2013.  Whoever lands him is getting a star Canadian.  And we need one with Westerman moving on.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

This team seems to have overpaid hurl in the hopes of him developing into Osh 2.0 

now we have a guy wanting to sign here and who would absolutely thrive under Osh guidance...

$200k is simply market rate for muamba - this is a no brainer 

rotating JSK and Wild would make jr his the best LB crew in the league imo

especially after okpo’s salary becoming public knowledge how would anyone expect muamba to take less than 190k

Apparently you have insider information do you???

35 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Apparently you have insider information do you???

Even this post is predictable...   

Just going by what he said on twitter unless you're calling Muamba a liar now I guess...  so glad he's not coming here, locker room poison I tells ya!!

20 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Even this post is predictable...   

Just going by what he said on twitter unless you're calling Muamba a liar now I guess...  so glad he's not coming here, locker room poison I tells ya!!

Twitter you say? Well...if it's on Twitter it must be true!!!! Well done detective Floyd!

I mean it's completely unheard of for professionals of any kind to pay lip service in certain situations. Especially when significant  $$$ is involved. UNHEARD OF!!!!

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

JSK had 50 defensive tackles in what was 9 starts....also 19 ST ones........and didnt get on roster till week 4.......

JSK potential is massive .... but he is American.  Also means Wild starts at WILL and what happens when Wild inevitably goes down?  I'd prefer to run Muamba at MLB and Wild/JSK at WILL.  I'd feel a lot more comfortable with that...

he is American yeah...but he is also well suited and capable in the middle..was 5th in the nation in tackles (2014) and was 7th best total all-time in the Mid American Conference ..and that was done from the middle...so have no doubts he can manage...but just wish we had more ratio flexibility that Muamba could give..

5 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

He also takes pride in wearing Blue and Gold.  If Muamba were to sign I could see Wild being a cut.

Why cut Wild?  He's injury prone but if he's platooning with JSK and Muamba, he probably lasts the season...

For the record, I have no problem with Wild-JSK-Leggett but you have a huge question mark as to how many games Wild will last...  then we're back to square one

Then when (not if) Neufeld goes down, you have another NI challenge - hopefully Couture is ready to step in - I think he is... but who knows

Anyone saying that Muamba is not worth $200k is just sour grapes because we think we won't sign him...

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Tell me how doing what Muamba is doing is working for him, considering how all these articles keep coming out about how he wants to sign here or here or here and yet, he's gone what? a month with no deal? Pretty obvious that when you get released at the time he did, you need to re-evaluate your expectations on market value because most of the money has already been spent. Getting released after being paid a bonus isn't a chance for you to make even more money than you normally would. 

I said something  very similar to this a couple of weeks ago and was vilified by some.  

Maybe now we can discuss something other than Henoc Muamba.

3 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Draft Simonise and there’s your seventh Canadian. Put that money you would have paid Muamba aside until there is an NFL cut that excites you more than Santos-Knox. 

I don't see Simonise still being available at #7, also with his size pretty good chance he will head south.

http://3downnation.com/2016/09/14/canadian-receiver-rashaun-simonise-signs-cjfls-okanagan-sun/