Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

On 05/04/2018 at 9:44 AM, Floyd said:

Demski and lafrance must be able to handle KR/PR duties... add Fogg and I think we’re good

my guess would be LaFrance and Fogg as the 2 returners with demski an alternate.  Demski will be looked up to be our starting NI receiver (at least one of them) so they aren't gonna gas him returning kicks constantly.  That said I thought Demski was getting better at being a returner until he got hurt, even took one to the house iirc

2 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Source?  Reports I've seen say he retired because of the knee injury he suffered last season. He re-signed with the Stamps in the off-season so why would they force him to retire now?

From 3downnation. Apparently the Stamps would not let him return due to injuries.

I think he has basically at this time cornered himself into no real options..accept Montreal's less than adequate deal (in his mind) and join that circus and basically have a miserable losing year...or put his tail between his legs and see if the Bomber offer is still on the table...and hope that it is.

This waiting for a camp injury or a team to be desperate is probably the stupidest thin g he could do...and a big risk..and even so...if a team finds a need...they still don't have to bank up a Brink's truck to Henoc because really...he has limited options....and the notion of him seeking NFL opportunities is looooong gone...

He needs to put his nose to the grindstone and play a year and "prove" he can be a ratio breaking elite National...then reap some rewards in the following years with a nice contract...at this point in his career he has no real bargaining chip...questions abound as to if he is still what he was/coulda been when he first left for the NFL , so expecting to be payed as one of the highest paid Non-QB's in the league is crazy

Muamba is currently sitting at home contemplating his navel, hoping someone will bite for his services...Doesn't appear to be happening and the longer he's left unsigned adds to the mystery as to why...Everyone knows at this time it has to concern money ..Every gm is looking at this situation and it looks like are prepared to let him dangle...His asking price is too rich for most clubs and he may run the risk of having to accept any reasonable offer  eventually,IF one is put forward...I think Henoc and his agent have overplayed their hand and in the end could look very foolish...Should have taken our offer and at least built something for the future with a contender...Walters says the book is closed on Muamba....maybe Henoc better think about trying to re-open it ......

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He either operates on another "wave-length" or he takes his job too casually imo.

Or, as I think Booch alluded, he has figured out a certain number he'll need that would justify him playing this game, and if that  number is not offered, he'll act upon a different line of employment. 

But none of us here really know what's going on in his head. 

Edited by HardCoreBlue
us not his

32 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Oh good, we're doing this again.

"MUAMBA!!!" - Captain Kirk

Forum's pretty dead otherwise...  and everyone's too scared to speculate about draft prospects now lest they be called youtube warriors... ha

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Forum's pretty dead otherwise...  and everyone's too scared to speculate about draft prospects now lest they be called youtube warriors... ha

After Walters' presser a few weeks ago my pa-in-law says "So Muamba won't be playing for the Bombers this year..." and I pointed out that he hadn't signed anywhere else yet.  And he still hasn't.  And I still wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up here.  If he had a significantly better offer, he would have already signed.

Some might be thinking he has to scheisse or get off the pot.  From the Bombers perspective they don't really care, they're just done standing there politely holding the bathroom door open for him while he decides.

19 minutes ago, mbrg said:

After Walters' presser a few weeks ago my pa-in-law says "So Muamba won't be playing for the Bombers this year..." and I pointed out that he hadn't signed anywhere else yet.  And he still hasn't.  And I still wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up here.  If he had a significantly better offer, he would have already signed.

Some might be thinking he has to scheisse or get off the pot.  From the Bombers perspective they don't really care, they're just done standing there politely holding the bathroom door open for him while he decides.

He's running out of toilet paper...

5 hours ago, mbrg said:

I like to think it's more like he has stood in line for the urinal, and when its his turn he just can't get it to come...

oh the off-season is just too long