Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Kuale?!?! What... this guy wasn't available?

Image result for old man, SK Riders tryout

His name is  Charles Chulada... 

He plays a mean Sax too...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Pierre Lavertu has announced his retirement from the CFL. He played his entire CFL career with the Calgary Stampeders. It was a pleasure to watch you play. All the best!
Article by http://Stampeders.com  Staff
Photo courtesy of... https://www.cflaa.ca/lavertu-announces-retirement/ 

q4WYQJ8c?format=jpg&name=600x314

Good Canadian player, gone too soon.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Pierre Lavertu has announced his retirement from the CFL. He played his entire CFL career with the Calgary Stampeders. It was a pleasure to watch you play. All the best!

I remember being disappointed we got Goosen instead of Lavertu. Thing worked out well for the bombers there. 

Odd moves by the Riders...especially a weak team in regards to Canadian depth...but I guess thats what you get when you spend like a fool on free agents...you gotta purge elsewhere...so bye bye veteran Canadian salaries on guys who would/should have been your starters....and dumping Meridith as well just another example of Jone's poor drafting hurting them ...thats what you get when you pick a lineman who hadn't played football in a few years and dropped 60-70 pounds of his playing weight and tried coming back.

Man their o-line is gonna be scary...and not scary in the good sense...Bond and Labatte...then what..Clarke..St John...Bladek..Coleman...and..????.....yikes!

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

Odd moves by the Riders...especially a weak team in regards to Canadian depth...but I guess thats what you get when you spend like a fool on free agents...you gotta purge elsewhere...so bye bye veteran Canadian salaries on guys who would/should have been your starters....and dumping Meridith as well just another example of Jone's poor drafting hurting them ...thats what you get when you pick a lineman who hadn't played football in a few years and dropped 60-70 pounds of his playing weight and tried coming back.

Man their o-line is gonna be scary...and not scary in the good sense...Bond and Labatte...then what..Clarke..St John...Bladek..Coleman...and..????.....yikes!

Collaros need to practice how to fall on the turf safely.

God am I happy I don't have enough free time to spend reading Riderfans.com anymore

I don't see on what planet they think they're going to field a contending team this year. Will they be better? Probably. On paper, they have a ton of solid players. And I'm not going to say they can't be a winner just because they have Sam Hurl starting - we did, and we went 12-6.

But contender? With that OL? Who is playing tackle?

No thanks.

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

God am I happy I don't have enough free time to spend reading Riderfans.com anymore

I don't see on what planet they think they're going to field a contending team this year. Will they be better? Probably. On paper, they have a ton of solid players. And I'm not going to say they can't be a winner just because they have Sam Hurl starting - we did, and we went 12-6.

No thanks.

It's a good thing that they have a mobile QB....

1 hour ago, Mike said:

No thanks.

Maybe they’ll move Duron to OT position on top of playing WR and DB. 

Yeah that 0-line is going to be god awful...and no depth whatsoever...If they are pinning hopes on Bladek and St John as being full-time starters they are delusional. One injury on that O-line and they are screwed. 

I don't see the defense being dominant either as some like to think..Linebacking crew looks very iffy...and their D-backs are mid tier at best...The d-line is decent...but zero depth behind any of them, and i bet they get wore down in games...not to mention back half of the season....yup...just don't see the idea of them contending for 1st in the west

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

It's a good thing that they have a mobile QB....

Average mobility even before the injury. When he came back he looked leery and frustrated over lqck of protection. When he gets flust3red he he forces passes and picks result. Has a temper too. It could get ugly at times. 

On 2018-04-23 at 9:08 AM, Dr. Blue said:

first thing I did when I saw this... check the date to see if it was sent on Apr 1...

19 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Good for him, getting out before his health took a bigger hit... unfortunate for him that he had to give up on the game because of head injuries...

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

Average mobility even before the injury. When he came back he looked leery and frustrated over lqck of protection. When he gets flust3red he he forces passes and picks result. Has a temper too. It could get ugly at times. 

Don't worry, Carter will keep everyone level-headed. He's matured with all his legal troubles.