Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

2 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Does anybody know about QB Bo Levi Mitchell's injury status?

Anybody can see he played most of the season hurt .... wondering if he had any off season corrective surgery or if he is just resting his bo-bo ...

Yes, he has tendon tears in his right shoulder & elbow. Will have or has already had surgery. Facing rehab afterwards to be ready for training camp.

3 hours ago, mbrg said:

And neither of these guys will be kept because they are a short-yardage threat.  There is no such thing as a short-yardage threat.

To not acknowledge how good LeFevour is at it is to be deliberately obtuse.  He makes it look easy, and it isn't easy.  It's also not enough of a reason to keep him on the roster.  Spell-check does not appreciate your old-timey spelling of plough, but I do.

If you don't come here for trivia, then why are you here at all? LeFevour did it well, but I suggest we do a lot better for less than a one-trick pony.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

If you are keeping a qb around because hes good at short yardage situations... Yeah... You got problems. 

The Fever sucks.... You want a backup who CAN win you games... The Fever cant. Noodle armed max hall clone. 

Funny thing is, he's won games for way worse teams than the Bombers.  He was never a great passer, but he could get the ball there ... until last year, when suddenly he couldn't hit a hangar door.

Edited by johnzo

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

Funny thing is, he's won games for way worse teams than the Bombers.  He was never a great passer, but he could get the ball there ... until last year, when suddenly he couldn't hit a hangar door.

At some point in every athlete's career, the fire goes out.

13 hours ago, johnzo said:

this is what baffled me too.. I'm assuming its more so hes a square peg, round hole scenario here..   Would it be worthwhile to tool a portion of the offense to cater to his skillset?  debatable but I think thats what made him look as bad as he did.

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

this is what baffled me too.. I'm assuming its more so hes a square peg, round hole scenario here..   Would it be worthwhile to tool a portion of the offense to cater to his skillset?  debatable but I think thats what made him look as bad as he did.

I'm not at all sure that the offensive scheme had anything to do with the horrid basic QB skills shown by both Davis and LeFevour.

49 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

His inability to throw the ball played more of a role. 

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

I agree, I've seen LeFevour move the ball effectively in the past and believe he has the skill-set and brain power to be an effective #2 QB.  Almost every passing play he ran last year was designed to throw the ball at full gallop to surprise the defender, I think if they expanded his responsibilities and options and let him settle down they could get decent results from him.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, tracker said:

I'm not at all sure that the offensive scheme had anything to do with the horrid basic QB skills shown by both Davis and LeFevour.

I agree on Lefevour, his arm is garbage BUT you can tailor a package together that limits his throws to completely open targets only, short passes only and lots of motion, misdirection and heavy running.  I think thats how he thrived (at times.. he had zero consistency) in Hamilton and montreal.   Davis's arm is not a question.  its his ability to use it.  guys got a bazooka.  He just panics and loses all accuracy when rushed.  the game has to slow down for him or else he will never find success.. game only slows down for players after they get into a groove with their team mates and the offense.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

His inability to throw the ball played more of a role. 

in the offense designed as is? for sure.   We could have given him a vanilla run heavy concept to use though..

37 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I agree, I've seen LeFevour move the ball effectively in the past and believe he has the skill-set and brain power to be an effective #2 QB.  Almost every passing play he ran last year was designed to throw the ball at full gallop to surprise the defender, I think if they expanded his responsibilities and options and let him settle down they could get decent results from him.

I agree.  its not like hes been a piss-poor QB in all of his stops.   He has had success at times and played very well.. hes also stank out the joint at times.

30 minutes ago, Floyd said:

LeFevour has never been a winner...  he's a scrambling QB because he doesn't make quick reads.  He has always thrown as many interceptions as TDs

Never really liked this signing - doubt he lands on another team...

If put into a position to be successful, he has been.   if put into an offense catered to other QBs, hes struggled.   Hes too niche of a QB to be slotted into a regular offense unfortunately.

Just now, SPuDS said:

If put into a position to be successful, he has been.   if put into an offense catered to other QBs, hes struggled.   Hes too niche of a QB to be slotted into a regular offense unfortunately.

When?  He lost his starting job in both HAM and TO - the guy has always been a turnover machine.

43 minutes ago, Floyd said:

When?  He lost his starting job in both HAM and TO - the guy has always been a turnover machine.

by success I mean he has won in the CFL before.  it wasn't constant nor was he reliable but he has had success as a QB in the league before.  its not like hes a Max Hall or Mike Quinn.

6 minutes ago, johnzo said:

It sure seems like the Bombers have.

The biggest game of the season and they don't start the guy they've been grooming for years to be the next QB?  What's going to happen in the next year that didn't happen in the last two?  I'd be surprised to see him back.

Hate to say it but I agree, they must not have liked his time in limited action or in practice..   Something isn't adding up.