Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

@TSNDaveNaylor
Some clarity on Darian Durant situation. Can confirmed Durant’s 150K bonus is due Jan. 16th (tomorrow). However I’m led to believe the matter of whether the sides can agree on a restructured contract is likely to be resolved by end of Monday. #CFL #Als

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

28 for a rb..should be right in his prime...plus low mileage on him...he prob 2 good years as a feature guy in him easily

Yeah very low mileage. I was always surprised when he would resign with MTL as he has always looked like a solid back. Thought he would have tried to get a starting spot somewhere, earlier in his career.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

You're thinking Sutton. I don't think Rutley has ever missed significant time due to injury, and he's the back up to Sutton. He is getting up there in age though.

Maybe - I just never recall Rutley playing a full season...

2 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Let “The Fever” and Davis fight it out for back-up and see what you have in TC for third stringer .   Curious if the club has anyone interesting on the neg list that they could possibly bring in .  

Neither of these have shown that they are any better than Drew Willy, so what would be the wisdom in retaining either of them? I say we give Durant a decent, but not exorbitant offer and bring in a couple-three promising rookies.

Edited by tracker

33 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Josh Straughan and David Washington - are these guys coming back?  Anyone have any idea?

Straughan, FYI, has signed a futures contract with the club, meaning he will be in training camp next year.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/10/24/need-know-week-19/

Edited by M.O.A.B.