CFL All Stars

Noeller

3 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I would if any GM in their right mind skill for skill would take O'Donnell over Bond. My thoughts.. probably not. 

ya that would be one drunk GM who chose O'donnell over Bond  me thinks..

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

23 of the 27 All-Stars for 2017 are from the West Division. That's mind-boggling... Er, bottling.

shocking but then again... is it? is it really?  the East in general has been such a tire fire.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Worst pass defence in the league, three all stars in the secondary. Something doesn't add up...

very true.  Not sure where the issue lies.. People want to blame Hall and rightly so but it wasn't like each member didn't take their turns getting beat at times for big plays.    I do tend to think its more so a scheme issue then talent issue but I just can't wrap my head around Hall's coaching being this bad all of the sudden..   He has had some very good defenses at times.. even last season we had some game s where our defense, secondary in particular, played very well..

10 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

very true.  Not sure where the issue lies.. People want to blame Hall and rightly so but it wasn't like each member didn't take their turns getting beat at times for big plays.    I do tend to think its more so a scheme issue then talent issue but I just can't wrap my head around Hall's coaching being this bad all of the sudden..   He has had some very good defenses at times.. even last season we had some game s where our defense, secondary in particular, played very well..

Is it? That's the entire point of this current conversation.....

Just now, Noeller said:

Is it? That's the entire point of this current conversation.....

hes gotta wear the goat horns for the defense.  I don't believe its fully on him though or as to the why he has struggled mightily in getting the yards and time on the field down to manageable levels.   I think Hall is a very capable DC.  gets a lot out of his guys and can get them to play shutdown football... its the consistency that is the true glaring issue.

22 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I think that this is not a "suddenly" issue.  His defense has been suspect for two full seasons now.  I suspect that it might be as simple as his system just doesn't work as well as it might have in the past.  Things change/evolve and maybe he hasn't.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:50 PM, SPuDS said:

ya that would be one drunk GM who chose O'donnell over Bond  me thinks..

shocking but then again... is it? is it really?  the East in general has been such a tire fire.

Yet they won 2 consecutive Grey Cups. They win the biggest game of the year. Thanks to a Stampeders team who just doesn't learn.