Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

.......You have to wonder when Gray's education will figure in where he plays....That continuation is most likely here at the U.of M....I remember reading an article he wants to pursue it and makes it a priority...He could easily play at home and further his career after football BUT I know it's hard to pass on the money he can make in the states right now...I think we'll have to wait on him for a fair bit yet.

He has been continuing his education through the engineering department. He actually was in Winnipeg during the Jets bye week to catch up with things that his group was working on during his absence. The University is allowing him to carry on and work around his football career.

13 hours ago, Jesse said:

He’s not getting cut from these teams though. He chose the Jets PR over the Packers’ and now he’s been upgraded to the Browns’ roster.

I can’t see any way he doesn’t use up his PR eligibility at the very least.

Did the Packers offer him a pr spot? I thought they just outright cut ties with him.

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Did the Packers offer him a pr spot? I thought they just outright cut ties with him.

This is just based on what I remember being reported, but I was under the impression that he was cut with the intention of being added to the Packers' PR, but he chose to sign with the Jets (presumably he thought it was a better opportunity). 

28 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He has been continuing his education through the engineering department. He actually was in Winnipeg during the Jets bye week to catch up with things that his group was working on during his absence. The University is allowing him to carry on and work around his football career.

Good to hear....It sure would be easier and great for us though if he was at home and doing his thing;)

5 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Not surprised he took the shot at making some money.  He is down there to try and make it immediealty. If that doesn’t work for him quickly he’ll likely come home and study while playing.  He’s not playing the waiting game and taking his shot.  

It remains to be seen whether Gray will show up but we can take some comfort in knowing that he's getting some darned good coaching while he's down there.

2 hours ago, tracker said:

It remains to be seen whether Gray will show up but we can take some comfort in knowing that he's getting some darned good coaching while he's down there.

LOL!

3 hours ago, tracker said:

Heck of a fit too. Gray is his kinda guy.  I wouldnt mind having em both back after a year with the browns. :lol:

Edited by wbbfan

On 2017-12-13 at 1:40 PM, tracker said:

Playing with him, he always reminded me of Doug Brown. He’s a beast on the O-line too. He could have a successful CFL career playing either side of the ball.

If he comes to the CFL and is committed to football, he’ll be a perennial all star in the CFL.

Edited by Blueandgold

21 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I'd like to know about receivers on their list. Excellent piece though. As Noeller said, I enjoyed it.

Miss the days of the full NL being disclosed, but with the advent of social media I guess it had to change. 

Flowers is an incredible play maker. Shades of michael vick on the run. The amount of tragedy and loss he has overcome is really heart wrenching. Hes a great runner with a good few questions left in his arm.  

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

Excuse me for lack of knowledge but is gray an instant starter on the Bomber roster if he was an international? I'm guessing he's an instant starter if he does since he's a national. I'm basically wondering about his talent level.

Ol are a bit more fickle then most positions. A lot of insta start guys are just that because of need. They have the potential to turn into a high level starter so teams take their lumps. Idk if rookie chung would start on this team right now. Imo his upside is exceptional. If he had a full camp he could start at guard as a rookie. It wouldnt be the smoothest option but he could do it. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nobody really GAF about them tho. They dont put asses in seats. 

Stegall-3.jpg

But yeah Qbs are the prestige position. 

• 3 weeks later...

Are the Bombers actually going to scout for and bring in real choices to compete for MLB .... over the years they bring in 1 or 2 to try but I can't remember when we brought in 3 or 4 or 5  to tryout for the position .... we don't seem to have any trouble bringing in that many tailbacks, do we?

Is it some kind of brain cramp or undue optimism/pessimism ?

17 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Are the Bombers actually going to scout for and bring in real choices to compete for MLB .... over the years they bring in 1 or 2 to try but I can't remember when we brought in 3 or 4 or 5  to tryout for the position .... we don't seem to have any trouble bringing in that many tailbacks, do we?

Is it some kind of brain cramp or undue optimism/pessimism ?

could be difficult to have that many in TC, just due to the number of reps. MLB need to be the "qb of the D" as it's always put. So I'd imagine for a Coach to be comfortable with making a Rookie the starter, they'd have to have a good sample size.

There's a young guy in Calgary who is a free agent.... Maleki Harris.  He mostly played special teams 2015-16 but he got into some games on defence this past season and looked really good, IMO.  Some injury concerns but he's only 25... I'd like to bring him in for a look.  Reap the rewards of Calgary's development.

As per 3rddown,

TJ Heath isn't happy with how negotiations are proceeding on his new contract.  

hopefully this is a blip and they hash it out, I'd hate to lose Heath.  one of the brighter stars on that side of the ball.