Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

Neufeld isn't any kind of long term solution. Perhaps he's a place holder, but they've drafted too many OL too high in the draft for these guys to not be options sooner rather than later. 

If they were not interested in going at least 3 canadians on the OL why didn't we draft receivers and linebackers higher in the draft instead of always linemen? 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Neufeld isn't any kind of long term solution. Perhaps he's a place holder, but they've drafted too many OL too high in the draft for these guys to not be options sooner rather than later. 

If they were not interested in going at least 3 canadians on the OL why didn't we draft receivers and linebackers higher in the draft instead of always linemen? 

It would stand to reason that the team is interested in doing that - just hope they don’t do it prematurely 

I stand by the statement I made two months ago: the OL should be sacrificed last, not first.

On 1/16/2018 at 11:02 AM, TrueBlue said:

Poll Question:  Would you rather resign Bond or Randle?

First, I hope that's not an actual thing. 

The current secondary cannot be without Chris Randle, that much is certain.

The current OL would take a step down without Travis Bond, no question.  But would they take a nose dive?

So, if this truly is a choice between Bond and Randle, then I truly don't know what to say.   Bond is an outstanding guard, but the Bombers have been drafting OL heavily.  So, if the team still has to debate between the Bond and Randle, we got problems.

To answer your question concisely:

DB > LG

but 

LT > DB

I'm torn on who you spend the money on. Randle has been phenomenal since we got him from Calgary. I can't imagine the secondary without him. The O-line really came together when Bond got into the lineup. They've both been incredibly important to where the team is. My gut says if we could only keep 1, I'd keep Randle.  With that said, it's been so nice to have an elite O-line after years of watching our QB's get wrecked. We don't have the depth to compete if Nichols goes down.

Randle/Leggett in my eyes have been the critical pieces of our D. The D line has rotated lots, we rely on those two in the secondary every down. I don't want to think about starting the season with Leggett still injured and Randle on another team.

But I have to say, man it's a nice change to say the Bombers have enough elite players to worry about who we can afford to keep, versus thinking about who we can afford to pry away from another team because our cupboard is bare. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's gonna be a good Thursday when we have a Benedict Ibisi mention first thing in the morning.... 

Is this sort of like slowly eating a live toad first thing in the morning? 'Cause then nothing worse will happen for the rest of the day?

Im torn. I like Randle and i feel him and Leggett are elite and NEED to be back.. But i also feel changes are needed. 

Lets be honest... You can blame hall or whoever the scapegoat is but the D as a whole.. They werent good enough. 

Our 2 best DL? 2 rookies Id say. 

Our best DB? Randle and a rookie in Alexander. 

Best LBs Rookie JSK and Mo. 

Honestly... Id be ok if we made significant changes to several positions on the D side of things

22 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Did no one watch the last few games of the year? Neuf played just fine. His health I can understand being in question. But his ability to play guard well has been established as far as I'm concerned.

I've watched the Big Blue more than a few games & history says Patrick Neufeld can't be a long term starter as he has injury issues which keeps him out for long stretches. It happened when he was with the Riders. It happened in 14, 15 & 16 until he was eventually replaced as a starting guard.  Now, they want to go back to him?This makes about as much sense as giving Sam Hurl the starting MLB spot when we all knew he couldn't start back in 2015. Only Mike O'Shea & Kyle Walters thought otherwise & we know what happened last season with Hurl back in there. It didn't work. Depending on Patrick Neufeld to be our long term starter is rolling the dice. What started the turnaround with the Bombers a couple of years ago??? Starting Travis Bond on our offensive line. Messing with it by playing Neufeld is a scary thing. Our backups will end up playing more than him which won't be good. The same ridiculous rationale for playing Hurl is going into this decision if Travis Bond leaves & signs elsewhere. 

Re: the Bond vs Randall debate.  We have one very good quarterback on hand two ..umm...questionable ones to protect and Bond has been a valuable and solidifying presence on the O-line.  On the other hand, despite Randall's efforts, our backfield got lit up a lot once again. So, close as it might seem, my vote goes to keeping Bond.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:18 PM, 17to85 said:

They've spent how many high draft picks on offensive linemen? That's how it will be different. We gotta play Canadians somewhere, might as well be in positions they've invested the draft picks in. 

Not Neufeld!! This decision is about as rational as going back to Hurl as MLB. 

Lots of returnees here... good to see Straughan and Bingham

Not sure why we're bringing two more DL in though - hope they are not moving on from Westerman...

The team has added quarterbacks Josh Straughan and Philip Nelson, defensive linemen Sam Montgomery and Chris Casher, defensive back Zavian Bingham, receiver Garry Brown and running back Zach Bauman.

16 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Lots of returnees here... good to see Straughan and Bingham

Not sure why we're bringing two more DL in though - hope they are not moving on from Westerman...

The team has added quarterbacks Josh Straughan and Philip Nelson, defensive linemen Sam Montgomery and Chris Casher, defensive back Zavian Bingham, receiver Garry Brown and running back Zach Bauman.

They bring in extra bodies every year at every position... doesn't mean the starters are losing their jobs or leaving.

57 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've watched the Big Blue more than a few games & history says Patrick Neufeld can't be a long term starter as he has injury issues which keeps him out for long stretches. It happened when he was with the Riders. It happened in 14, 15 & 16 until he was eventually replaced as a starting guard.  Now, they want to go back to him?This makes about as much sense as giving Sam Hurl the starting MLB spot when we all knew he couldn't start back in 2015. Only Mike O'Shea & Kyle Walters thought otherwise & we know what happened last season with Hurl back in there. It didn't work. Depending on Patrick Neufeld to be our long term starter is rolling the dice. What started the turnaround with the Bombers a couple of years ago??? Starting Travis Bond on our offensive line. Messing with it by playing Neufeld is a scary thing. Our backups will end up playing more than him which won't be good. The same ridiculous rationale for playing Hurl is going into this decision if Travis Bond leaves & signs elsewhere. 

I tend to agree with your assessment of Neufeld but I'm willing to wait and see how it all plays out.  Just happy they have Foketi in reserve because they just might need him.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Im torn. I like Randle and i feel him and Leggett are elite and NEED to be back.. But i also feel changes are needed. 

Lets be honest... You can blame hall or whoever the scapegoat is but the D as a whole.. They werent good enough. 

Our 2 best DL? 2 rookies Id say. 

Our best DB? Randle and a rookie in Alexander. 

Best LBs Rookie JSK and Mo. 

Honestly... Id be ok if we made significant changes to several positions on the D side of things

Stay away for a while and the whole place starts making sense.