Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

58 minutes ago, Atomic said:

They bring in extra bodies every year at every position... doesn't mean the starters are losing their jobs or leaving.

Nevis re-signed and Poop, Jeffcoat, Okpo still under contract and one position on the DL basically needs to be NI maybe two

I just want to see a linebacker prospect that's all.  This reminds me of last year where LB and REC ended up being our weakest recruiting areas... again.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Nevis re-signed and Poop, Jeffcoat, Okpo still under contract and one position on the DL basically needs to be NI maybe two

I just want to see a linebacker prospect that's all.  This reminds me of last year where LB and REC ended up being our weakest recruiting areas... again.

Because its oh so close to camp already?

7 hours ago, tracker said:

Re: the Bond vs Randall debate.  We have one very good quarterback on hand two ..umm...questionable ones to protect and Bond has been a valuable and solidifying presence on the O-line.  On the other hand, despite Randall's efforts, our backfield got lit up a lot once again. So, close as it might seem, my vote goes to keeping Bond.

The thing is they won't.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers agree to terms with CFL all-star cornerback Chris Randle

WINNIPEG, MB., January 23, 2018 –    The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with international cornerback Chris Randle on a two-year contract. Randle was scheduled to be a free agent next month.

The Utah State product will enter his fifth season with Winnipeg in 2018, coming off an all-star season in which he was also named the team’s most outstanding defensive player. Randle finished the 2017 campaign with 60 defensive tackles, four special teams tackles, one sack, five interceptions, and two defensive touchdowns.

“Simply put, Chris Randle was one of those players that we knew we needed to work something out with prior to February 13,” said General Manager Kyle Walters. “He is a leader in everything he does. He’s coming off the best season of his career and we’re looking forward to more of that in 2018. He’s a special player and an invaluable asset to our locker room, and I’m glad we were able to retain him.”

Randle has now played in 89 career regular season CFL games over six seasons, including 58 with Winnipeg. He has amassed 233 defensive tackles, 56 special teams tackles, three sacks, 15 interceptions, four forced fumbles and four defensive touchdowns.

19 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Because its oh so close to camp already?

No - more along the lines that we're bringing a lot of prospects back from last season and I don't remember any linebackers being brought in for a look late in the season...  could be wrong.  I'd expect if they had found a 'gem' he'd be signed by now...  like Bingham, Straughan, etc...