Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No - more along the lines that we're bringing a lot of prospects back from last season and I don't remember any linebackers being brought in for a look late in the season...  could be wrong.  I'd expect if they had found a 'gem' he'd be signed by now...  like Bingham, Straughan, etc...

thats true.. I thought I saw one LB signing but too lazy to backtrack n check.  I do think that Walter's might be eying some of the LBs in FA that are going to be available.   I hope that O'shea has expressed his need for a new MLB.

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Think he ends up as a Lion

A Lion or a Rider.  Derek Dennis was playing guard by the end of the season and if they are going to go with an American there, it would make sense to pursue Bond and release Dennis, considering Dennis is getting big money and is an obvious downgrade on Bond.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Does this mean we can't have Bond now?

As much as I like Bond he’s gonna be pricey and it’s simply time for us to go with 3 Canadians on the offensive line.  We have Neufeld who can take the pressure off Couture but Couture should be ready.  We also have Spooner coming back as a second year guy and will likely continue to draft and develop offensive lineman.   You don’t make the comittment we made to drafting and developing offensive lineman to start 2 Canadians there long term. 

4 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

As much as I like Bond he’s gonna be pricey and it’s simply time for us to go with 3 Canadians on the offensive line.  We have Neufeld who can take the pressure off Couture but Couture should be ready.  We also have Spooner coming back as a second year guy and will likely continue to draft and develop offensive lineman.   You don’t make the comittment we made to drafting and developing offensive lineman to start 2 Canadians there long term. 

Bacon is pricey too but that doesn't mean I'm going to eat ham with my eggs like some chud

44 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

While I agree with you it's going to be hard to give up one of the best olinemen in the league because we want a better ratio.

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

While I agree with you it's going to be hard to give up one of the best olinemen in the league because we want a better ratio.

But if it comes down to either having Bond on the O-line with Hurl at MLB, or Neufeld or another NI on the O-line with a good import MLB, I would go with option "B".

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

While I like this signing  we need better play from our db's this year and I include Randle he got burned a few times last year but in general he was our best db and it's good to have him back.

Every db gets burned now and again, it happened a hell of a lot less with Randle than anyone else. To me he's the glue of the secondary and if we can get some improvements out of Walker and Alexander just being more experienced then it should bode well for the unit. 

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

While I like this signing  we need better play from our db's this year and I include Randle he got burned a few times last year but in general he was our best db and it's good to have him back.

with PI as they are you cant expect much better.  We do need some better over all db play though. Happy randle will be back.

6 hours ago, tracker said:

But if it comes down to either having Bond on the O-line with Hurl at MLB, or Neufeld or another NI on the O-line with a good import MLB, I would go with option "B".

I don't disagree but who is our good import MLB? And the other downside is Bond could go to another team and make their oline that much better

14 hours ago, BBlink said:

I don't disagree but who is our good import MLB? And the other downside is Bond could go to another team and make their oline that much better

If the Bomber bird-dogs cannot find either a good QB prospect or a good MLB prospect, the lot ought to be half-hanged. drawn, quartered and replaced with nutless monkeys

Edited by tracker

18 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Every db gets burned now and again, it happened a hell of a lot less with Randle than anyone else. To me he's the glue of the secondary and if we can get some improvements out of Walker and Alexander just being more experienced then it should bode well for the unit. 

Randle and Heath were an excellent shutdown tandem. It was the other side of the secondary that got exposed easily and often, but I'm not sure what anyone was expecting basically rotating rookies there.

I fully expect both Walker and Alexander to be better in their sophomore campaigns. We saw flashes from both but the consistency wasn't there. 

3 hours ago, tracker said:

If the Bomber bird-dogs cannot find either a good QB prospect or a good MLB prospect, the lot ought to be half-hanged. drawn, quartered and replaced with nutless monkeys

Where do we find the nutless monkeys? Or do we just buy wholesale monkeys and have to do the job ourselves.