Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

Everyone can say what they want... boundary wasn't a 'no go' against the bombers until this season

No one was scared of Johnson or Washington.

Hope it works but I don't like dismantling an area of strength - especially when all this defence probably needs is the addition of a legit MLB

27 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wonder where they see Fogg lining up.  They must have a role in mind for him otherwise he wouldn’t have signed before free agency.   IMO he had a pretty unremarkable season as a DB last year and while I do like his punt returning it would be nice to add a guy who can do all returns and be dangerous anytime he touches the ball.

I would have liked to see Roy Finch here for that reason but it seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Why not just six solid DBs...

Walker and Alexander are likely still on league min contracts - Loffler getting paid same as last year - Branning, Conteh, Jones are great NI depth - Fogg maybe got a small raise

Hopefully Clarke and Gaitor are near league minimum with bonus? - otherwise, I'd dump both those guys for Heath in a heartbeat

We need at least one more solid DB IMO.  We need a defensive halfback who can start and also potentially play SAM if Leggett continues to struggle with the injury bug.  I doubt that Gaitor is at or near league minimum but still much cheaper than Heath who may be looking to be the highest paid DB in the league. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wonder where they see Fogg lining up.  They must have a role in mind for him otherwise he wouldn’t have signed before free agency.   IMO he had a pretty unremarkable season as a DB last year and while I do like his punt returning it would be nice to add a guy who can do all returns and be dangerous anytime he touches the ball.

Imo he will go into camp as the nickle db off the bench. 

Fogg is probably looked at as the DI..handle punt returns...come in as the nickle...in game depth...as he can fill in for half back and Sam..until someone else takes any of those roles away from him. 

He is familiar with the team..systems..culture and who's to say he won't improve in a re-jigged defensive scheme..these are the types of signings a deep team needs and you can't discount continuity and familiarity.

If it turns out someone beats him out...well then we are a better squad but until then we could have way worse options 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

He is familiar with the team..systems..culture and who's to say he won't improve in a re-jigged defensive scheme..these are the types of signings a deep team needs and you can't discount continuity and familiarity.

Bit weird to hear the importance of 'continuity and familiarity' when we're replacing MLB,  boundary HB and our Cdn DE and DT  - this is a lot of turnover in key positions

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Not really replacing a DT as Thomas wasn't a key piece of the pie.

Continuity and familiarity is more important in a defensive backfield and o-line...we got online covered and really only loss in the backfield appears to be Heath...

Heath-Randle were the only continuity in our DBs last year...  field was only settled halfway through the season no?  Now one of those guys will likely be replaced by Gaitor as well

I haven't seen a lot of continuity in our D for a long time...  only at linebacker - which might be our weakness rather than a strength

4 hours ago, do or die said:

Until the rule changes, where he couldn't bump and hand check guys all day....

to be fair, you cant so much as look at a wr too hard these days. You cant even own your own space. A wr can jam you, fall down, and get the flag. 

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Bit weird to hear the importance of 'continuity and familiarity' when we're replacing MLB,  boundary HB and our Cdn DE and DT  - this is a lot of turnover in key positions

3/4 of those replacements happened mid way through last season though....

43 minutes ago, Mike said:

I have to say I’m honestly surprised at the “keep Heath” camp ... I thought he was pretty bad last year. Lots of interceptions, but I’d love to see how many explosion plays he gave up because it seemed like he got torched regularly. Could be wrong though.

Yeah I can't understand where this idea that the Heath-Randle side of the field was a no go zone either... yeah the first few games of the year they didn't see a lot of action but by the end of the year teams were making big plays against all sides of the secondary. 

Simply put I don't believe Heath is worth as much as he thinks he's worth and we can replace him. Randle was always the far more important guy to bring back. 

53 minutes ago, Mike said:

I have to say I’m honestly surprised at the “keep Heath” camp ... I thought he was pretty bad last year. Lots of interceptions, but I’d love to see how many explosion plays he gave up because it seemed like he got torched regularly. Could be wrong though.

Yeah I would also like a more physical guy in that position....I don't think losing him is a big deal..we can do better and more cap friendly.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

My view is probably skewed because of the high-profile nature of interceptions.

57 minutes ago, White Out said:

I'm hoping for big splashes of spending on the D today. If not, what the hell? We bring back the same D coordinator who's had zero success and then not even make some personnel changes?

I too would like to take this opportunity to pre-complain about all the things that haven't happened in free agency yet.

What the hell Walters!?