Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm sure the bombers had $$ for Boundary HB with or without Westerman... no way they go into the season with Fogg or Clarke

Carmichael probably made everyone gunshy too

I go 3 months without thinking once about Carmichael, and then that's the 2nd time today I see his name.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Hurl was probably 100k range...

Reported salary was 90k in 2017, down from 120 in 2015 &16.  80k in 2018 is a sensible number for him.

Santa Claus probably has a base that is around the minimum. but if his agent had any sense he would have negotiated some bonuses for games started.  Rookies unfortunately are stuck negotiating from a position of weakness and GMs can say take it or leave it.

even though it was early...Bowman was technically a free agent day signing too...filled a need we would have been looking for and as it turned out would have been most likely Criner...and god forbid Marquay McDaniel...

Agents are most likely getting back to teams with offers...counter offers..etc...it is only day 2 after all

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I find it hard to believe bombers would have been content with just signing demski and lafrance. 

Fenner was obviously targeted with or without Westerman

They signed 3 guys. Spent like under 400 k yesterday. 

Last year they signed LeFevour in FA, this year they were able to get Durant a month before FA.  Same process, just a different day on the calendar.

I have to say, this offseason has been far more interesting than usual.  For the Bombers and for the league.

Edited by mbrg

3 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

With Westerman picking Montreal (over our 200,000)  lets hope for his sake that he's making at least 220,000 because he won't be making any playoff bonuses...

I can't fault him- he gets to close out his career playing beside his brother, that is worth a lot.  Good luck to him and wish him the best (except against us), I will miss him.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

They also signed Baines today another Ntl Rec. So they've landed some bigger names and now working on depth. And really when you look at the roster that's all that's needed. I mean a legit MLB would be nice, but besides that, depth is needed.

Sure hope Baines is not our 'depth'...

29 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Baines seems like another sign we're starting two NI receivers. Demski+Coates to start with Drew W+Baines as reserves.

Wondering why we wouldn't start Lafrance as a RB/SB hybrid like Flanders?

Adams - Bowman - Harris - Lafrance/Flanders - Dressler - Demski/Coates or DrewW

I really like that lineup - tailor made for Lapo