Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

37 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Instead of Okoalaugo why not trade Medlock and go with Menard-Briere?

It has lesser impact on our roster, I think.

If they had just won the GC maybe. But they are loading up to make a serious run at the cup. I would bet oshea/Walters feel a lot more comfortable with Medlock kicking than a rookie who is mostly a punter from what I remember.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

I don't see how Flanders gets on the game day roster TBH. For him to see the field, we have to take one of Adams, Bowman or Dressler off or he's just a returner and Demski can do that job.

And what's wrong with taking Adams, Bowman or Dressler off in certain packages?

I absolutely envision LaPolice coming up with some kind of ridiculous package where Flanders, Demski, Harris and LaFrance are all on the field. 

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't see how Flanders gets on the game day roster TBH. For him to see the field, we have to take one of Adams, Bowman or Dressler off or he's just a returner and Demski can do that job.

Discussing the problem of how to get our talented players on the field because we have to take equally or more talented players off the field...what's the opposite of drowning our sorrows?  We should go do that.

As for Roh, signing guys and letting them compete for jobs in camp is how it works.  That's the system in place.  We won't stop signing guys over the next three months just because we think that position has a clear starter already.  Guys will win jobs based on talent.  And salary.  And passports.  Same as it's always been.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

And what's wrong with taking Adams, Bowman or Dressler off in certain packages?

I absolutely envision LaPolice coming up with some kind of ridiculous package where Flanders, Demski, Harris and LaFrance are all on the field. 

The problem is if they go with two Natl. receivers as it looks like they intend to, that makes for 6 Natls. on the O side.  To get Flanders on the field they would have to remove one of Nichols, Bryant, Hardrick, Adams, Bowman or Dressler.  With Demski playing S.B. and LaFrance standing on the sideline I am quite sure they are going to see Flanders as redundant.  His only hope is if Bowman or Dressler go down, but even then that's assuming they don't have a better receiver option like White waiting on the P.R. for his opportunity to play.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

35 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Discussing the problem of how to get our talented players on the field because we have to take equally or more talented players off the field...what's the opposite of drowning our sorrows?  We should go do that.

Par for the course.  Take a peak at the Jets threads.  We're discussing why or why not Mark Scheifele is a superstar. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good problems come along with winning.  

Dare I say 2018 is shaping up to be Wpg's best in awhile....like, since a GC appearance / Jets return in 2011? 

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Well we are expecting our Offense to score with all the upgrades we brought, at least thats what I understand. 

Unless we are relying on Medlock’s feet again to win games.

Iirc, Hajrullaju had a good rookie season with us.

Problem is it's still a Lapo offense which means plenty of punts and field goals so yeah, Medlock is going to be the guy doing most of our scoring still. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Problem is it's still a Lapo offense which means plenty of punts and field goals so yeah, Medlock is going to be the guy doing most of our scoring still. 

I don't know about that. The addition of Bowman gives the offense three serious offensive weapons for Nichols through the air. The only thing I can see hindering that would be injuries.

And prior to Nichols getting hurt, he was on pace for 36 TDs, which would have tied him with Medlock for total points at 216. (add his two rushing TDs and he's in the lead)

As long as Matt Nichols is happy (which he is) and healthy, the Bomber offense will roll. The defence and special teams are the ones that need to pull their weight if this team is going to be GC bound.

I think they have gotten closer to a GC appearance but not sure they are their yet to win it. I think the teams are just a lethal return man away but the defence is a big question mark as is Hall. 

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I don't know about that. The addition of Bowman gives the offense three serious offensive weapons for Nichols through the air. The only thing I can see hindering that would be injuries.

And prior to Nichols getting hurt, he was on pace for 36 TDs, which would have tied him with Medlock for total points at 216. (add his two rushing TDs and he's in the lead)

They are still conservative and they'll still rely on lots and lots of field goals.

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

Depending on who else we sign ratio may allow for 4 import d linemen, with rotational nationals.

With thomas a FA, westy gone, and roh I think our chances of starting a NI dl are low. Roh, jeffcoat and ogopogo are all too far a head of corney. Short of corney putting it all together. 

We can count on 2 ni ol, 1 ni wr, 1 ni rb, 1 ni S. Id like to see us start a 2nd ni wr (coates atm) and have that wr platoon with lafrance. Muamba would make the ratio in that situation work perfectly. While we have some young NI dbs and OL with potential to step in and corney as well. 

Atm id rather project foketi as a starting OL then return to newfie or push one of the young guys too soon. I think couture/spooner is the future of our ratio along with jones/morgan. 

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yes! I have read Lapo's playbook and he has some specific offensive packages where Nichols goes into the huddle and says, "Guys, after this play we will punt." 

18 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I greatly prefer the stupid penalties that Westerman would take.

lol, I think thats lost right now. Im a westerman fan, but like willis he got more off sides penalties then sacks. 

I can specifically recall 2 last year where he was drawn off sides, the other team took a free play and scored on it. Penalties after the play or penalties before. In general id much rather have penalties from aggressive play then ticky tack calls (hands to the face, illegal contact) and have a team that plays on the edge then comes out soft.