Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah he wants to maximize his dollars for sure...and if he is actually going to places to see the organization..direction..philosophies..services etc..etc..then good on him...but if it just to in effect try and use it as a ploy to squeeze each team then no need for the guy.

He has to remember this is the CFL and is a league more or less restricted to what they do...for the better of the league and  a top shelf deal is pretty much on par across the board unless one team does something absurd...which will make them a weaker team most times with shaving elsewhere...so crap or get off the pot already

He has been to all stadiums in the league..knows the facilities and any fool can see which way the organizations he is considering are trending..and how they are viewed in the league

The Als broke the bank to sign Westerman, hopefully that doesn't allow them to do the same for Muamba.

32 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Coming from a feisty attitude, 'If I have to woo someone to play here, get the f@@k out.  We take care of people who want to be part of this great organization not spend our time and energy on convincing you. Go somewhere else if you feel that self important'.     

Good lord GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!!! 

28 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Coming from a feisty attitude, 'If I have to woo someone to play here, get the [email protected]@k out.  We take care of people who want to be part of this great organization not spend our time and energy on convincing you. Go somewhere else if you feel that self important'.     

Pursuing (or wooing) a highly prized NAT FA MLB isn't uncommon practice and said FA exploring his options doesn't make him self-important.

That still doesn't answer the question, though: is it really a circus? I don't see it.

11 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Pursuing (or wooing) a highly prized NAT FA MLB isn't uncommon practice and said FA exploring his options doesn't make him self-important.

That still doesn't answer the question, though: is it really a circus? I don't see it.

Yes but he’s done this more than once and quite frankly it’s getting old and annoying. I’m almost at a point of saying “is he really worth it”? 

Maybe he just wants the free meals and spend a few days in the peg in the middle of winter before he makes his decision..

whatever floats your boat! 

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I didn't suggest it was a circus. Absolutely agree with the bold part of your sentence.

However we can disagree on how much effort we need to spend on convincing. Imo, we need to set a professional courteous tone yet a tone of we spend a lot more  of our energy on players who want to play here. Nothing wrong with a player being curious about the different organizations  and needing to take care of himself and his family but balancing that with we are team made up of players who want to play here not a group of individuals with different priorities. I'm not necessarily saying HM is a self-absorbed guy because I don't know him , I just don't want people who only are about themselves, won't help with what I'm assuming Walters MOS and crew are trying to solidify. I was just using this scenario with HM as an example.

I assume as an organization we are trying to create a culture, an identity where players, coaches, scouts etc want to be here and less we have to try so hard to convince people to come here. That's all. 

This is what we want to hear..

LRTs; #Bombers 2017 supplemental draft pick Drew Wolitarsky is hoping to emerge in his second pro season and push Coates and Demski in Winnipeg’s two projected National starting receiver spots. - Darrin Bauming

CFL @Wpg_BlueBombers WR Drew Wolitarsky getting leaner, faster, and quicker out of breaks! #speedkills #traininspired #widereceiver #CFL #football

https://t.co/PJd3KlcMqu

Looks like Henoc signs with somebody,  and has a great season, cause I just read this at CFL.ca

HENOC MUAMBA HAD 82 TACKLES, TWO INTERCEPTIONS AND THREE FUMBLE RECOVERIES IN 2018 

I just wish they would tell us if the Bombers won the Grey Cup.

:lol:

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

The problem with Muamba is always his **** head agent. Guy has filled every clients head with promises of obscene salaries and it makes it difficult to get a guy under contract. 

Yeah, must have sucked to get a big rookie contract... then an NFL roster spot... then another payout with both Montreal and Sask... and get paid $35k to not play for Sask this year...

Fire that agent now!!

So what’s he worth?  I’d hate to see the wbb’s pay too much for him and you’d think he’d learn. When you’re overpaid you usually get released after 1 season.  Accept a more cap friendly contract and you might stay on the same team for a couple of seasons or more.  

He obviously over values himself. 

Would we be happy if they signed him for $200,000? I wouldn’t. 

11 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

So what’s he worth?  I’d hate to see the wbb’s pay too much for him and you’d think he’d learn. When you’re overpaid you usually get released after 1 season.  Accept a more cap friendly contract and you might stay on the same team for a couple of seasons or more.  

I don't understand this thinking. He likely knows his career has a short life span. And he's trying to get the most $$ out of it. Good for him.

Edited by Bigblue204

27 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

We're paying Andrew Harris close to $200,000...  he hasn't been released after one season...

Top CDNs are getting paid $200k - Muamba is worth that for sure but not worth $250k...

55 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I don't think it's over-valuing yourself if people keep paying him. It might be more that he is content being a mercenary who can make as much as he can with no regard for team loyalty, which I can't really blame him for. Make your $$ while you can.

As far as his cost, as long as the number they pay him fits into what the Bombers feel they can do comfortably then I don't really care what they pay him. Walters knows what his budget is and I trust that he won't blow up the nucleus of a really good team for one year of Henoc Muamba.