Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

Hard to imagine he was going to make 290k in 2016...what a stupid contract that was.

If we can slot him in for 200k this year..slight bump next year, with a signing bonus in the before free agency to show we are committed to get that 2-3 year deal then it's a must do, and wont' severely impact our SMS  for a player who is vital

I bet he could sign this year in the 180k range (seeing as he got a bonus) and we offer the double the bonus next winter/spring and pretty much the same base of 180k ..throw in a MOC/MODP carrot in thee to sweeten the pot.

The ratio flex it gives us is key and offers us too much in options to ignore and if we truly plan to go 2 Canadian receivers as starters it limits us, and any injury issues on offence..especially to the skill guys will really hoop us as we don't have the depth...(well A1 quality depth) to cover it

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Iirc hurls deal was 80k wasnt it?  2.5x (ish) more money for 10x more player.

The last two years we have given up soo many back breaking runs. 2nd and long, teams backed into corners where they cant pass (bc) and we've just gotten rolled over by the run. Henoc changes and compensates for a whole lot of that. Instead of trying to hide our MLBer, we can have one that covers up issues, fills gaps, and makes the hard 1 on 1 tackles. 

Should we all pass around a hat and see if we can come up with the money from bomber fans in the city? LOL 

Hurl's first contract with us was 120k + 1k per game played for a max 138k. When he re-signed last year it was reported he accepted a slight raise after checking out FA. Therefore, he was likely making in the 140-150k range last year. At any rate, it is highly unlikely he took a 60k shave last year.

I don't think fans have any appreciation for what NI starters (or even potential starters) make in the CFL.  They are paid more (sometimes a lot more) than American stars at the same position. 

So far, Muamba is winning at the business of football.  Good for him.  As long as you don't get injured, then you can maximize your earnings by getting large signing bonuses and refusing to renegotiate.

I sure hope I am wrong but don’t believe he is the stud MLB that some believe he is. While he was just starting his career he was at the time anything but a run stopper. When he did make a tackle he jumped around like it was a miracle....says to me a showboat and more about him than the team. His or perhaps his agent has done. Othing to suggest that has changed. I just want a middle linebacker similar to Moe or Randy....make a tackle or a stop or an interception as if that is what you are paid to do....no big hoopla just doing the job. Don’t have this feeling with him but hope that if we do sign him he will prove me wrong....just saying

43 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

I sure hope I am wrong but don’t believe he is the stud MLB that some believe he is. While he was just starting his career he was at the time anything but a run stopper. When he did make a tackle he jumped around like it was a miracle....says to me a showboat and more about him than the team. His or perhaps his agent has done. Othing to suggest that has changed. I just want a middle linebacker similar to Moe or Randy....make a tackle or a stop or an interception as if that is what you are paid to do....no big hoopla just doing the job. Don’t have this feeling with him but hope that if we do sign him he will prove me wrong....just saying

Yep, those guys never celebrate after making a play ...

16603746-1600x1447.jpg?quality=70&strip=

8 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Hurl's first contract with us was 120k + 1k per game played for a max 138k. When he re-signed last year it was reported he accepted a slight raise after checking out FA. Therefore, he was likely making in the 140-150k range last year. At any rate, it is highly unlikely he took a 60k shave last year.

Mm thats not what i recall, after the previous year, in which he lost the starting position he came for Im sure he got a bit smaller deal. But its tough to say with cfl deals. Murky to say the least.

4 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

He is. He mostly played teams early on, but especially the last year here he played like a man on fire. You cant play side line to side line in the cfl, but he was as close as it gets. Fiery guys like that bring a lot to a team, especially the front 7 of a defense. 

Yeah I think he is going to really look like a different player this year with his play...and his physical make up...seen him a few times over the winter and the dude is putting in the work....I think a pretty big reason too why Thomas wasn't pursued

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah I think he is going to really look like a different player this year with his play...and his physical make up...seen him a few times over the winter and the dude is putting in the work....I think a pretty big reason too why Thomas wasn't pursued

Did Thomas ever sign with anyone else?

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Surprised Jake Thomas is still available. I assume he wants starter money when in reality he's better suited to be a rotational player. 

Either that or he wants the chance to be a starter. He has been one of the best kept secrets. he has displaced a bunch of good imp DTs, just soo happens we have two great ones right now. 

20 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/03/05/renewed-motivation-ekakitie-ready-year-two/

Another classic ed tait article. And another classy guy you cant help but pull for in the good guys colors. 

Yeah I really hope Ekakatie can make his mark this year, sounds like a really good kid.

35 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

How the Bombers can create cap space for Henoc Muamba

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/06/how-the-bombers-can-create-cap-space-for-henoc-muamba/

The only way I can see them cutting Ogo is if one of the new DE's they bring to camp turns out to be a stud like Jeffcoat.

Craig Roh is a pretty good DL. 

Ogo goes if Henoc signs. Id cut Ogo today if it means CDN MLB. 

Hey... Who is this guy 

https://www.bluebombers.com/players/chris-casher/

Potential and young. 

Edited by Goalie

Casher is a guy I have been looking forward to since we added him late last season...if he's got his life all in order he could be a real find

Thing is..we don't have to release anyone to make room now anyway....salaries don't count till the season starts...let everyone battle in camp...then determine where or if a new young up and comer has pushed a vet out the door

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Casher is a guy I have been looking forward to since we added him late last season...if he's got his life all in order he could be a real find

Thing is..we don't have to release anyone to make room now anyway....salaries don't count till the season starts...let everyone battle in camp...then determine where or if a new young up and comer has pushed a vet out the door

Exactly, all this talk about who they have to cut. They don't start paying bills till the season starts!!! Sign em and figure it out later!

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

Exactly....we don't have to make any roster moves till crunch time...We need to let everything play out until cut down day....Never get rid of assets that are not easily recoverable....First line of business

exactly...Jones on the other hand had to do it now as they were severely over...and bet still are and he also is not a very good SMS manager and forcasting and looking forward as to where his money is...will be...and will be coming off...he seems almost blind in that regard