Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

17 hours ago, Stickem said:

Dog and Pony with a tour...Any team signing him will definitely be better at the position...it just seems a little mercenary to me and that'll be anywhere he signs...I guess he's not a rah rah guy like other free agents who have signed here already and have expressed an actual desire to be here....Henoc sees the money first and that's his prerogative ..I prefer the rah rah guy who wants to come here and be part of a cup contending team...

By the way...Dunk on third down figures this has draggggged on way too long and he's betting the Als. will announce his signing shortly....Same ol ame ol

saw that over on the RF site. may be speculation but at this point in time if he wants to follow the money (which seems to be the plan) and the Als are offering big bucks than that is where he will end up. And for us just time to move on. The upside IMHO is that we at least do not have to see Hurl whiff on a tackle anymore. 

22 hours ago, BBRT said:

saw that over on the RF site. may be speculation but at this point in time if he wants to follow the money (which seems to be the plan) and the Als are offering big bucks than that is where he will end up. And for us just time to move on. The upside IMHO is that we at least do not have to see Hurl whiff on a tackle anymore. 

No, his role was to destroy the block. :)

If Henoc Muamba signs in Montreal "for the money" & the Als win 3 games this season then Muamba should be prepared for Kavis to renege on his contractual obligations to him by  dumping his big salary next off season.  Muamba will be treated like Kyries Hebert.  No bonuses paid. Gonzo.  So, he can sign for the money but be prepared to do another tour next off season. Man, this guy does not get it. For a little less, he has the chance to be a Grey Cup champ here. Oh well, he can do what he likes. Good luck with that if he signs in Montreal. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Great read from #97: https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/bombers-cant-afford-to-miss-out-on-muamba-476557463.html

As we enter week four of contemplation whether the Blue Bombers can afford to sign Henoc Muamba, perhaps the better question is: can they afford not to?

No single player is ever solely the difference between winning and losing — except, maybe, when it comes to quarterbacks and kickers — so mortgaging the future in the over pursuit of any singular athlete is both short-sighted and ill advised. That said, there are exceptions that can be the tipping point that propels a team from good to great.

There are countless reasons why Henoc could be a catalyst for the 2018 defence, not least of which would be offsetting the loss of Jamaal Westerman to Montreal. Not only is he an all-star-calibre player with the right kind of passport, like Westerman, but he is the kind of tenured, travelled and respected voice and leader you would want filling the void that Westerman’s departure has certainly left.

Most importantly, however, would be the impact that his insertion into the heart of the defence would have on the defensive dozen. To be an elite defence — heck, to even just be a good defence — you need strength down the middle of the field. You need players who can push up front and others who can discourage a passing attack inside of the numbers. If an opponent can’t run up the middle, and is also concerned about health and ball security issues from throws over the middle, then you have effectively eliminated the most linear area on the football field.

This football team already has Taylor Loffler in the cros hairs of the secondary; adding Henoc to the second level would make him that much better. The thing Loffler brought to the table in his rookie season was his physical play and edge, and how he would relentlessly seek out contact. It is no coincidence that in 2016, when Loffler was consistently wreaking havoc in the heart of the secondary, the turnover rate of the Richie Hall defence was exponential. His physical play, and the tone he set for the rest of the defence, can equate to moments of chaos and hesitation for receivers, even "short arming" habits when they venture across the middle.

When you insert a dynamic middle linebacker, that can also play with this kind of heat-seeking tenaciousness, he makes the back end play, and the front line of defence even better. From an interior defensive line perspective, it really frees up your arsenal if you don’t have to constantly worry about a runner gashing your defence for 30 yards if you happen to slip a block or let an offensive lineman up to the second level.

Additionally, when the front line of your defence does eat up blocks, and frees up the second level and allows the linebackers to flow, you are more inclined to repeat these kinds of selfless responsibilities if your linebackers are making impact plays. Great linebackers can diagnose a play from a single pre-snap read, and have exceptional football instincts, intuition, and reactions to the football. When Henoc is at the top of his game, you can readily see all of these elements in his craft.

Adding a playmaker who eliminates options for your opponent in the middle of the football field against both the pass and the run, and strengthens the other components of your defence, is as critical a chess piece as there is. No defence worth its salt is without a middle linebacker who's part field general and part kamikaze pilot, who sets the tone physically, and is capable of altering the outcome of games.

When it comes to a football team that may only need one more element to bump them into legitimate title contention, can they really afford to miss such an opportunity?

Image result for he's right you know

I heard that Dunk reported that Henoc is all but signed in Mtl. I heard that it was simply money related? I can't seem to find anything on this so called report though or any tweets about it. Has anyone heard anything or seen anything on this?

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

why are we allowing Montreal to out-bid us?  And if they are offering more money, why isn't Henoc signing in Montreal already?

Because he's trying to get the best possible deal available  by playing both clubs to that end....I don't know what Mont. has to offer other than cash BUT that's right up Muamba's alley....so according to Dunk, and looking at the time that has elapsed... expect a signing there ...UNLESS we up the ante (somehow) he'll be suiting up in poutine country

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Because he's trying to get the best possible deal available  by playing both clubs to that end....I don't know what Mont. has to offer other than cash BUT that's right up Muamba's alley....so according to Dunk, and looking at the time that has elapsed... expect a signing there ...UNLESS we up the ante (somehow) he'll be suiting up in poutine country

No, he's probably deciding between his family and his best opportunity to win. 

Heart vs Head. 

41 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

I suspect that Henoc will wait until just before training camp to sign.  

/puke If he does draw it out near that long I imagine we would just pull out of the henoc sweepstakes. They arent gonna leave that much cap room un used in case he decides to play with a winning team instead of a dumpster fire. 

3 hours ago, Jaxon said:

I suspect that Henoc will wait until just before training camp to sign.  

If that is the case, he may well scrooge himself.  I don't think that Reed has enough self-esteem to resent being played, but Walters and O'Shea may.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Muamba has always chased the money, this time will be no different. He's probably just delaying now to see if Kyle Walters will up the offer but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. So unless he decides that he really doesn't want to play in that train wreck....

I wonder if term could be an issue?  Walters may want him to sign for multiple years and Muamba might be looking for a one year deal.