Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Coney doesn't seem to be afraid of traffic and doesn't go down at  the first touch. Lotsa speed, too.

Doesnt seem to have that top speed gear, nor does he seem like a fast twitch blink type. But he always looks to be moving fast. Looks smaller then his listed size to my eye, but he is very compact in build and yeah no fear. Looks like a tough football player. Defense, wr, returner etc. A lot of the small / fast guys seem to be returners who get wedged in at wr. He seems like a fast guy, who also happens to be a blood n guts football player. Not many returners highlights include throwing blocks. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Doesnt seem to have that top speed gear, nor does he seem like a fast twitch blink type. But he always looks to be moving fast. Looks smaller then his listed size to my eye, but he is very compact in build and yeah no fear. Looks like a tough football player. Defense, wr, returner etc. A lot of the small / fast guys seem to be returners who get wedged in at wr. He seems like a fast guy, who also happens to be a blood n guts football player. Not many returners highlights include throwing blocks. 

My first impression was that he looked like Blink or Pinball.

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

All that from 1 video.. Acting like you have scouted this guy and knew who he was 12 hours ago. Classic

5 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Seems like a guy who won't make it out out of camp but hey why not. Seems like scouting is getting to nooks and crannies if this guy was actually scouted. 

I kinda think he is the norm for our scouting department. Where as the taman types in the past were romanced by great prestigious ncaa careers, I feel like our current regime scouts players no matter the numbers. Tj thorpe, bryan bennett and dom davis etc. 

Saw this on twitter feed.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/03/16/words-thomas-miles-trip-snow-lake/

Very interesting article by Thomas Miles about his and Goosen's trip to Snow Lake: 

Matthias and I are ambassadors for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers initiative on gender-based violence prevention – Break the Silence on Violence Against Women 

He's a good writer.

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I watched the video.

agree WOW. 

wasnt prewitt announced previously? Or was he on the 10 name neg list released? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF7H6L1LV6k&t=97s

I wonder what position prewitt is best at, sam? Safety? Maybe some under sized wil. Him and loffler on the field at the same time would be great fun to watch if he pans out.

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Or was he on the 10 name neg list released? I wonder what position prewitt is best at, sam? Safety? Maybe some under sized wil. Him and loffler on the field at the same time would be great fun to watch if he pans out.

I don't know but...

WINNIPEG, MB., March 19, 2018 –  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed International defensive back/linebacker Cody Prewitt and international defensive back Kevin Short.

Prewitt (6’2, 208, Mississippi, December 31, 1992 in Covington, LA) played four seasons with the Ole Miss Rebels recording 247 total tackles and 12 interceptions in his collegiate career. In 2013, he led the SEC with six interceptions and was named a first team All-American. 

Edited by Mark F

Prewitt is a potentially huge signing, although I have no idea where they envision him playing in our lineup because he’s essentially blocked by Fenner and Leggett ... 

This guy was playing lights out in college and heading into his senior year, there were people who thought he was going to be a better NFLer than Landon Collins... then he had a terrible senior year and some health concerns and he went undrafted and kind of fizzled out.

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Has Prewitt just been out of football for 3 years??

Likely looking for NFL opportunities, I think he's a little slow to be an NFL safety (II think he ran a 4.65- 4.7 40)and too small to play LBer, if you watch some of his clips he is actually a beast near the line of scrimmage, I think he will be able to play WIL or SAM for us.

Edited by Gotmilt

15 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

IMO this is just as big as any free agent signing so far this season, this kid was an SEC star.

Sounds like a gooder.  But pre-camp hype usually ends up as a kiss of death for these guys...

Short term he's probably playing for a PR spot.  If SAM projects as his best fit in the CFL, that's a pretty steep learning curve anyway.  Different landmarks, covering an ocean of space for what feels like an eternity, and that sweet sweet waggle.

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Prewitt is a potentially huge signing, although I have no idea where they envision him playing in our lineup because he’s essentially blocked by Fenner and Leggett ... 

If a guy is as talented as all that, then it really doesn't matter, just bring him in and you can always find a spot for him. I really don't believe that there is one position and one position only for guys like that, I think that if they're able to play they're able to play. 

Could be a good candidate to take Knox's roster spot now that he is gone...and work his way into the starting lineup ala Santos Knox did.

Or if he really is a stud in the making grab the sam spot and have Leggett and Fenner as HB's...or some kind of funky combinations where we can hide coverages and blitzes and keep offence's guessing as to who is doing what..and where