Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Clearly, for Muamba, it's all about the short term dollars.  How much money can I make this year?  Now, on the one hand I get it.  Football careers can be short and there's no guarantee that there will be a "next year".  So I completely get why he originally left us to go to the NFL.  But since he's come back, he's been little more than a merc.  I wonder if over the longer term, he would have made more money by committing to a team for a longer term.  Sadly, he's someone that might have become one of the great Canadian players, like a Doug Brown, but now, he's probably going to be remembered simply as a  guy who  chased the money for as long as he could.  Oh well, if he's happy, then good on him.

definitely would have banked more you would think...he lost out on bonus money owed to him in Montreal... and was due another in Sask no?...and if he doesnt sign till later in a season...won't get a true years salary worth

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Where did you hear it was 20-30K lower?

Jeff Hamilton‏ @jeffkhamilton Mar 21 - The #Bombers offered Henoc Muamba a contract around $170,000, plus incentives.

Justin Dunk‏Verified account @JDunk12 Mar 20 - Henoc Muamba wanted to be paid more than #Bombers RB Andrew Harris, who is set to make just under $200,000 in hard money for the 2018 #CFL season

That's 30K, but I also read that Harris made 190K this year, so 20-30K lower.

22 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Jeff Hamilton‏ @jeffkhamilton Mar 21 - The #Bombers offered Henoc Muamba a contract around $170,000, plus incentives.

Justin Dunk‏Verified account @JDunk12 Mar 20 - Henoc Muamba wanted to be paid more than #Bombers RB Andrew Harris, who is set to make just under $200,000 in hard money for the 2018 #CFL season

That's 30K, but I also read that Harris made 190K this year, so 20-30K lower.

Plus playoff money, Kavis would have to go over $200,000 to pay Henoc more than Walters and even then the difference would not be substantial. 

22 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Plus playoff money, Kavis would have to go over $200,000 to pay Henoc more than Walters and even then the difference would not be substantial. 

There's not 20-30K per player in playoff money. Max is 16K for winning the GC.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Assuming we're going to make the playoffs again... and that Montreal will miss 

Edited by Atomic

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

What I wonder is at what point does the guy just want some job security? You know don't go for the biggest pay day all the time and get a good salary on a stable team and keep playing rather than going through this whole dog and pony show every year trying to play people against each other to get the maximum dollars. 

I really think that Muamba's agent is the driving force behind this. Probably always in his ear about how much money he can make and all that. Guy has been a pain in the ass since day 1 and I just wouldn't pay top dollar and change my teams salary structure for a player who is known to be a total mercenary. 

this is a great point. hasnt he been cut short of a major contract bonus twice?  Sat a bunch before he signed with mtl etc. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I don't know, which is why I don't go about making statements about exact contract values.

No, but you do make statements about incentives and how easy they are to hit....

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

plus incentives... that seems to me like it can add up pretty quickly since it's probably pretty easy to hit incentives. 

Wouldn't Harris also get incentives.

Cuz you seem confused: A range of 20-30K isn't called making a statement about exact contract values. It's called making a statement about a range with a couple of tweets to show where I got it from.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Can he physically take the pounding inside at 210 lbs for 18 regular season & up to 3 playoff & Grey Cup games? 

Well he played 4 seasons in the SEC against the best competition and excelled, I'm not familiar with his injury history to be fair but I know he played a lot near the line of scrimmage in college and was particularly good at covering the crossing routes and running to the sideline, I assume that's what Walters sees in Prewitt. I wouldn't say he's a middle linebacker but he's a big hitting safety that's pretty big at 6'2 and IMO too slow to play safety in the NFL. To me all those factors point to him being converted to Wil or SAM in the CFL. 

Edited by Gotmilt

6 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

Well he played 4 seasons in the SEC against the best competition and excelled, I'm not familiar with his injury history to be fair but I know he played a lot near the line of scrimmage in college and was particularly good at covering the crossing routes and running to the sideline, I assume that's what Walters sees in Prewitt. I wouldn't say he's a middle linebacker but he's a big hitting safety that's pretty big at 6'2 and IMO too slow to play safety in the NFL. To me all those factors point to him being converted to Wil or SAM in the CFL. 

Playing Safety in a 10-12  game NCAA season isn't the same as Inside Linebacker for a CFL team who play 8-10 more games. At 210 he may be able to handle it... But it would be a grind. 

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Can he physically take the pounding inside at 210 lbs for 18 regular season & up to 3 playoff & Grey Cup games? 

Size isnt what id worry about. If you have the work ethic and heart 210 can get it done. At wil. Our DTs eat up soo much of the OL, and our pass rushers are soo dangerous it would help a ton. 

Its tough to say what he will be in camp. You never know when a guy trent corneys' and comes in with 12 lean pounds added. 

body constitution is a big deal as well. Two guys can be the same weight and height while having totally different builds. We cant say what his build is like the coaches and scouts know and or will come camp. He could be strong enough for wil, he might need to add a lil muscle. If he does I dont think he'd be far off.  Iirc Brain clark was 6'2 220 in an era that featured much more heavy set action and running game. 

"I don’t know that there’s a real pressing need right now from a Canadian standpoint, which allows us to take the best player, potentially, rather than draft for a need.”
GM Kyle Walters on the upcoming draft & combine. 

Through careful drafting and keeping an eye out for useful NI players over the last 5 seasons, the team is turning the corner on need vs. want. 

What Wade Miller, Kyle Walters and Mike O’Shea have brought to the organization  is...stability.

And I don’t miss the old days at all.

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You can ask that same question about any player coming out of college regardless of size, can't you?

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Size isnt what id worry about. If you have the work ethic and heart 210 can get it done. At wil. Our DTs eat up soo much of the OL, and our pass rushers are soo dangerous it would help a ton. 

Its tough to say what he will be in camp. You never know when a guy trent corneys' and comes in with 12 lean pounds added. 

body constitution is a big deal as well. Two guys can be the same weight and height while having totally different builds. We cant say what his build is like the coaches and scouts know and or will come camp. He could be strong enough for wil, he might need to add a lil muscle. If he does I dont think he'd be far off.  Iirc Brain clark was 6'2 220 in an era that featured much more heavy set action and running game. 

Someone made it sound like he'd be playing in the middle at 210 lbs. Outside, sure. Inside at that weight will be tough. 

11 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

What you say makes more sense.... 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Someone made it sound like he'd be playing in the middle at 210 lbs. Outside, sure. Inside at that weight will be tough. 

Yeah that isnt gonna happen. Short of us finding a great MLBer, JSK is pretty much penned in at that spot now. 

1 hour ago, tracker said:

The scouting report says that he is not a hard hitter and not an explosive runner.

From the video he's clearly a hard hitter, he certainly doesnt look to have elite or high end speed. His jumping is pretty impressive though. Weak 40 and strong jumping hints at a guy who is quick off the line but not straight line down field break away fast. Speed translates a bit different up here as well.  I dont mean speedsters, but with the wide field and with out the normal tackle box some guys flourish while other guys flounder with similar speed level.