Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

I really like the guys we have brought in this offseason ... the quality of prospect seems a bit higher than in years past. Haven't seen a lot of guys who are skating by on measurements or test numbers and a not-so-prolific arena football career.

Homer, Howard and Prewitt as DBs ... Gause and Jones at MLB ... Stevens, Lane and Reed at REC ... I'm liking it so far. Curious to see who surprises and who performs well at mini camp.

2 hours ago, tracker said:

Hmmm....Straughan sounded promising. Oh well, onward.

One thing is for sure, we dont waste time on fresh qb prospects.  I would imagine this move was made for one of two reasons. 1) we have other better prospects available or who we are confident will be available for camp Perhaps quinton flowers  or 2) Maybe he was pricy and we are gonna go with a cheaper depth qb. Bryan bennett still with the riders? 

A fascinating story about earl wolff. 

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/09/nfl-jacksonville-jaguars-earl-wolff-tale-of-survival-armed-robbery-kidnapping

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/earl-wolff?id=2539966

Monster testing numbers. 4.4 40 11'2 broad jump 39" vert  4.07 shuttle two way player in HS who ran for over 1k yards. He sounds like a guy who kind of aged out of the nfl. Looks like some great tackling. Could have the flexibility to play S, sam or db up here.  Very interesting pick up, gonna be a heck of a camp to watch this year. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

One thing is for sure, we dont waste time on fresh qb prospects.  I would imagine this move was made for one of two reasons. 1) we have other better prospects available or who we are confident will be available for camp Perhaps quinton flowers  or 2) Maybe he was pricy and we are gonna go with a cheaper depth qb. Bryan bennett still with the riders?

I can't see a reason why he would have been a pricey signing. It seems likely to me that we're going to hear about a new qb signing in near future.

7 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I can't see a reason why he would have been a pricey signing. It seems likely to me that we're going to hear about a new qb signing in near future.

Wouldnt think so but possibility young ni qbs are the hardest to get up here if they have nfl size imo. Im hoping its for flowers. 

Edited by wbbfan

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Very interesting pick up,

Looks like they want Defensive players that can tackle.

Notwithstanding their public statements, probably our coaching staff was embarrassed/irritated with some of the crappy tackling they had to endure last season. (The fifteen yard td run that finished us off, five guys taking turns whiffing for instance)

Looks like that might be changing.

Three of the guys signed in the last while, at least on highlight tapes, are tackling, not going for stupid airborne hits.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Notwithstanding their public statements, probably our coaching staff was embarrassed/irritated with some of the crappy tackling they had to endure last season. (The fifteen yard td run that finished us off, five guys taking turns whiffing for instance)

Three of the guys signed in the last while, at least on highlight tapes, are tackling, not going for stupid airborne hits.

Good size db too. Love guys that wrap n tackle, especially ones that attack the ball. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

I Noticed that Mr. Wolff out-jumped Dez Bryant in the end zone for a pick. Not bad, Not bad at all.

No question that he seems to have the athletics, and from the article, he sounds at least average in smarts. The article does raise a couple of points for me, though. One: he is going to have a real culture change to adjust to here without having to be afraid to go out after dark, and two: he is described as having a messed-up knee. He may not pass the physical or last the season, no matter how talented he is.

36 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Defensive players that cab tackle? What kind of crazy talk is that? Next they'll be signing offensive players that can catch.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

No question that he seems to have the athletics, and from the article, he sounds at least average in smarts. The article does raise a couple of points for me, though. One: he is going to have a real culture change to adjust to here without having to be afraid to go out after dark, and two: he is described as having a messed-up knee. He may not pass the physical or last the season, no matter how talented he is.

Faith ekakitie had some scary situation with the cops and looking like a person they were after. Some of these guys get up here and fall in love with the way of life.