Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

Sorry but I don't like the total silence coming out of Bomberville, but that's just me; I like action and news  like all of you.  Yes we've extended a contract or two and we are distributing the year-end money before the 2018 salary cap  comes in.

But what are the deep thinkers in our organization planning to do?

I hope they are not thinking status quo; that never seems to work out well. Unless we are dedicated to making sharp improvements here and there, I believe we atrophy from last year.  

After the 2017 NFL cuts were made did we bring in any linebackers for a sniff? I saw other prospects up here but maybe I missed something.

We have got to fix what's broken and I think somehow management must know more than we do ... we are good prognosticators with our comments on this site but I would like management to show us up. 

We are not hearing a lot of news out of the Calgary and Edmonton football clubs so maybe our Blue Bombers are an elite club now (as we join those two in their silence). 

But man I hate twiddling my thumbs as I wait to see what our local gurus are going to do. No news is bad news, say the bored ...  Well at least were not coming off seasons like Ottawa Hamilton and Montréal had.

So maybe I should be grateful for our club and its management.

I believe this type of thread shows up every December...  so we're right on schedule...

Then a few signings are announced just before/after Christmas...   but the forum still rumbles - panic continues...  

Most of our big name free agents are signed just before FA with one real head shaker...  forum argues over that one decision

Walters grabs 2 big names and 2 not so big in FA...  forum agrees Walters is a genius then we argue about Joe Mack

Walters make a fairly small trade like getting a 4th round pick for some dude...  forum hails him as a genius

Coaching personnel decisions takes a long time... panic ensues...  new assistant hired...  forum argues 

Someone asks what happened to Nasty Nate...  someone else complains about how bad this board is getting (unlike the old days)

Draft occurs and we all hail it as one of the most 'solid' drafts in recent history...  forum rejoices in Walters' genius - then we argue about Taman

A long-winded thread starts about Cal Murphy and Don Jonas in a subtle attempt to show just who the real fans are here... and then its pre-season!!!

Edited by Floyd

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

I believe this type of thread shows up every December...  so we're right on schedule...

Then a few signings are announced just before/after Christmas...   but the forum still rumbles - panic continues...  

Most of our big name free agents are signed just before FA with one real head shaker...  forum argues over that one decision

Walters grabs 2 big names and 2 not so big in FA...  forum agrees Walters is a genius then we argue about Joe Mack

Walters make a fairly small trade like getting a 4th round pick for some dude...  forum hails him as a genius

Coaching personnel decisions takes a long time... panic ensues...  new assistant hired...  forum argues 

Someone asks what happened to Nasty Nate...  someone else complains about how bad this board is getting (unlike the old days)

Draft occurs and we all hail it as one of the most 'solid' drafts in recent history...  forum rejoices in Walters' genius - then we argue about Taman

A long-winded thread starts about Cal Murphy and Don Jonas in a subtle attempt to show just who the real fans are here... and then its pre-season!!!

i-will-pee-on-everything-you-love.jpg

So... we'll see you in the new season?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Don't forget the love of random guys for the draft that nobody has a clue about that WE MUST trade up to get...   these guys tend to never pan out and the people who loved them from the start will never admit they were wrong. 

We had tons of draft picks last year and we got awhole lot of nothing out of them. 

13 minutes ago, bustamente said:

For his pocket book maybe but this is the worst team in the NFL it's not like he signed with Patriots or Eagles.

Which means more opportunities for him to move up the depth chart. It makes no difference to me if he wins the Super Bowl, my only concern is if he ever comes to the Bombers. This is now less likely than yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Which means more opportunities for him to move up the depth chart. It makes no difference to me if he wins the Super Bowl, my only concern is if he ever comes to the Bombers. This is now less likely than yesterday.

Has nothing to do with winning the SB those teams were just examples, this is the 3rd team he has signed with this year essentially he still is a practice rooster player as he is not guaranteed to dress but will make a pay check just the same. just another guy chasing the dream and money and I don't blame him. Also might not last the season with the Browns, JMO he's closer to being a Bomber than one might think .

10 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Has nothing to do with winning the SB those teams were just examples, this is the 3rd team he has signed with this year essentially he still is a practice rooster player as he is not guaranteed to dress but will make a pay check just the same. just another guy chasing the dream and money and I don't blame him. Also might not last the season with the Browns, JMO he's closer to being a Bomber than one might think .

He’s not getting cut from these teams though. He chose the Jets PR over the Packers’ and now he’s been upgraded to the Browns’ roster.

I can’t see any way he doesn’t use up his PR eligibility at the very least.

.......You have to wonder when Gray's education will figure in where he plays....That continuation is most likely here at the U.of M....I remember reading an article he wants to pursue it and makes it a priority...He could easily play at home and further his career after football BUT I know it's hard to pass on the money he can make in the states right now...I think we'll have to wait on him for a fair bit yet.