Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

8 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

As per 3rddown,

TJ Heath isn't happy with how negotiations are proceeding on his new contract.  

hopefully this is a blip and they hash it out, I'd hate to lose Heath.  one of the brighter stars on that side of the ball.

I wouldn't be upset if we didn't bring Heath back. Wouldn't want to break the bank for him and if we can get Randle and Leggett back instead I wouldn't be ok on us walking on Heath. He's a good play maker and has good instincts on the ball but gets beat way too much. He has the sexy stats but if he's looking for elite money the Bombers won't give it to him because his flaws can be exposed on film. For the right price I'd like him back but I doubt he signs based on what he thinks his value is based on numbers compared to what he's actually worth. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I wouldn't be upset if we didn't bring Heath back. Wouldn't want to break the bank for him and if we can get Randle and Leggett back instead I wouldn't be ok on us walking on Heath. He's a good play maker and has good instincts on the ball but gets beat way too much. He has the sexy stats but if he's looking for elite money the Bombers won't give it to him because his flaws can be exposed on film. For the right price I'd like him back but I doubt he signs based on what he thinks his value is based on numbers compared to what he's actually worth. 

The only problem with Leggett is his injury. Torn Achilles is a bad injury. Hard not to lose a step after suffering that. Will  he be the same player? 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Interesting tidbit in a recent Doug Brown article.....said that some teammates don't like Heath because he "freelances" out there and so others have to cover up for him all the time...

huh. that I did not know and I could see how that would piss off people, especially when you are one of the "vets" in the secondary and should be looking to cover for the rookies... not hoping they will cover for you.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/01/05/bombers-announce-coaching-staff-changes/

Jordan Younger -  defensive backs

Glen Young  – linebackers and defensive line

The club will not renew the contracts of defensive line coach Todd Howard, and defensive backs coach Tony Missick. The remaining coaching will return in their respective roles for the 2018 season.

56 minutes ago, nate007 said:

So your defensive line was pretty good, and your linebackers were turrible. Seems like the most logical thing to do would be to let the d-line coach go and promote the linebackers coach...

Santos-Knox and Leggett say "whaaaaaaat? "

7 hours ago, nate007 said:

So your defensive line was pretty good, and your linebackers were turrible. Seems like the most logical thing to do would be to let the d-line coach go and promote the linebackers coach...

Quality of performance on the field is not allways directly related to positional coaching, you can also have a guy whose a good positional coach but a poor fit.