Game 32 : Al Capone @ Al Golden

9 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Laine is going to learn the having a great shot only is not good enough in today's NHL he will have to work on his quickness and compete level, of course at 19 he has plenty of time.

Maurice is going to have to learn that having a great shot is good enough and put Laine back on the left side.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

That Poolman-Chiarot pairing is dreadful.  I'd like to see them put Myers with Chiarot and Poolman with Kulikov.  Poolman has tons of potential but he needs to be with a solid, veteran d-man like Kulikov right now.  Chiarot just sucks.

Kulikov-Myers are awful too - getting too much ice time

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Poolman was ok. Chiarot is painful. Myers and Kuli have been our best pair all season since Trouba seems off most games. 

Poolman had a couple really ugly gaffes but at least he gets a pass for being a rookie.  I expect him to improve with time.  At this point, Chiarot is who he is... he's probably not going to get much better.

That Poolman-Chiarot pairing is dreadful.  I'd like to see them put Myers with Chiarot and Poolman with Kulikov.  Poolman has tons of potential but he needs to be with a solid, veteran d-man like Kulikov right now.  Chiarot just sucks.

Chariot has definitely been as advertised.   3rd pairing d-man.  I really think hes plateaued. 

25 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Who else are you gonna play though?  Trouba had a brutal night too.

our whole defensive unit last game was pretty bad..

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Poolman had a couple really ugly gaffes but at least he gets a pass for being a rookie.  I expect him to improve with time.  At this point, Chiarot is who he is... he's probably not going to get much better.

ya I agree, Poolman looked shaky at times but thats to be expected.. Chariot should be more poised and polished by now and having him and Poolman together is risky.

Who else are you gonna play though?  Trouba had a brutal night too.

No answer to that...

This defensive system is still garbage and has been since the start of the season...  difference now is that Helle's save percentage is now .917 instead of .937...

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No answer to that...

This defensive system is still garbage and has been since the start of the season...  difference now is that Helle's save percentage is now .917 instead of .937...

Yup. Maurice who is now the coach with the most losses in NHL history, likes to run his goalie in to the ground. Did it with Ward.. Did it in Toronto.. Pav.. And now Helle... He overplays them. Helle needs a break. 

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yup. Maurice who is now the coach with the most losses in NHL history, likes to run his goalie in to the ground. Did it with Ward.. Did it in Toronto.. Pav.. And now Helle... He overplays them. Helle needs a break. 

Don't forget Arturs Irbe with back-to-back 70+ start seasons for the Hurricanes...

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Myers and Kulikov are our top 2 D, plus/minus wise, at +5.  FWIW.

Only because Trouba and Morrissey are our shutdown guys while Myers/Kulikov have basically been our third pair for most of the season...

Old argument about +- being a meaningless stat

D wise

Morrissey 

Kulikov 

Buff 

Myers 

Trouba

Chiarot 

Chiarot would clear waivers.. Thats how bad he is... Hes so bad that id consider Melchiori or even Niku instead. A is what it is AHL vet or a rookie 5th in D scoring or Chiarot. Yup. 

Trouba has looked more bad than good. Hes not getting 6 plus million long term at this rate. 

Buff with no goals but seemed more responsible defensively. Hes a big injury loss. .

Myers has been consistent after an expected slow start. 

JoMo and Kuli... Been the most consistent and best of the bunch. 

Edited by Goalie

Our big problem tho... Its truly coaching. I know our record tho.. Yeah.. Cuz coach Helle was awesome but bottom line is we have no O structure or D structure.. We struggle when other teams take away the boards and actually forecheck. Our PK is a joke.. Truly... Shooting Gallery on the Goalies. 

Our lines which could be outstanding is just so strange.. 

It was always Ladd Little Wheeler.. 

Wheeler the set up guy... Little the 2 way goal scorer and ladd the same. 

So.. Perreault Little Wheeler. 

Pretty obvious Little dont mesh with the goal scorers.. Why? Cuz he isnt a set up guy and neither is laine or ehlers so change it up.. 

Ehlers Scheif Laine. 

Because why not.. Scoring goals wins games.. 

Connor Lowry Armia.

Connor could be with 18 and 26 also. In which case 85 is 3rd line LW. 

Tanev.Copp. Dano. 

Hendricks is old and slow... Needs a break. 

Play Mason more now that hes not hurt. Helle needs a rest. 

Really wanna optimize our lines.. 

Call up Roslovic

85 or 81 Roslovic Armia 3rd line 

Copp Lowry Tanev 4th. 

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think that Ehlers Sheif Laine is the line of the future.  Would like to start seeing them together.  They'd be the next Ulf/Anders/Hull.

I'd actually like to see all three of them on their own line - Connor-Scheif-Wheeler have pretty good chemistry only worry is that Connor is logging a lot of top minutes early.