Winnipeg Blue Bombers unveil 2018 schedule

TrueBlue

On 12/16/2017 at 12:56 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Speaking of injuries...May training camp on the prairies is pretty brutal.  Could be warm but more likely will be damp and cold which isn’t good for guys trying to gear up to game speed and win jobs.

yea I can see an influx of Hamstring pulls and the like.   going to be some cramps and possibly tears if the guys don't warm up fully.. maybe Wild can do pre-practice/tryout yoga?

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Well they always have the soccer complex to fall back on.  Not ideal but at least it is a plan B if the weather is not cooperating.

could definitely be a wise move seeing as how bi-polar our weather can be.

We're going to be playing, very likely, May football in the #CFL in 2019. They want to expand the American contract with the CFL and get more ppl interested and watching in the football hungry market across the USA. - @DarrinBauming via @TSN1290Radio

Also talk on Twitter that the desire to expand the American TV deal may lead to another American expansion down the road... 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

We're going to be playing, very likely, May football in the #CFL in 2019. They want to expand the American contract with the CFL and get more ppl interested and watching in the football hungry market across the USA. - @DarrinBauming via @TSN1290Radio

Also talk on Twitter that the desire to expand the American TV deal may lead to another American expansion down the road... 

Because that went so well last time...it nearly killed my interest in the CFL. In my opinion, it would be prostituting my beloved game.

10 hours ago, tracker said:

Because that went so well last time...it nearly killed my interest in the CFL. In my opinion, it would be prostituting my beloved game.

I concur.  I stopped watching the CFL then and that's what would happen again.  I have 0 interest in following a bastardized faux Canadian league, the BFCFL.  Thanks but no thanks.

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

If by football, does he mean soccer??

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Say what you will about the schedule, but the Bomber brass actually took fan feedback regarding weeknight games and changed something. One thing I like about Miller's regime is suggestions don't seem to fall on deaf ears as they have in the past.

They've shown over and over that fan opinion means a LOT to them. They're always going above and beyond to improve fan experience... 

On 2017-12-18 at 11:19 PM, tracker said:

Or saved the cfl with expansion money. For a time anyway. 

I’m all for expansion of it serves the greater good of the league. No special rules. No special field size. 

Isn’t the ratio a major issue in the US though? Can that be overcome?

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Or saved the cfl with expansion money. For a time anyway. 

I’m all for expansion of it serves the greater good of the league. No special rules. No special field size. 

Isn’t the ratio a major issue in the US though? Can that be overcome?

No.  Imagine a company operating in Canada wanting to have a rule where X % of its work force has to be people from US.  Immigration would never allow that kind of protectionism for foreign workers. 

To me, the idea of expansion starts and end with the ratio... I'd be all for expansion to northern US (ND, Montana, non-NFL markets in Minny, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc).... if, and only if, they could make it work with the ratio... I'm pretty sure that's not possible... therefore I have zero interest in seeing the CFL going that route...

44 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Have it as two separate leagues. Like baseball used to be. With a championship game between them. I would still have the championship game for the  Canadian side play for the Grey Cup. 

So the Grey Cup wouldn’t be the championship game? That’s a non- starter for me. Besides, you haven’t addressed the ratio concern at all. Just ignored it.

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Have it as two separate leagues. Like baseball used to be. With a championship game between them. I would still have the championship game for the  Canadian side play for the Grey Cup. 

I agree.  Have it as two separate leagues.  We play for the Grey Cup and the winner of the GC ignores them and our season ends.  After a year or two,  their league folds.

17 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

What rules are you suggesting the non-Canadian side league would play?

On 12/19/2017 at 9:06 PM, Eternal optimist said:

Say what you will about the schedule, but the Bomber brass actually took fan feedback regarding weeknight games and changed something. One thing I like about Miller's regime is suggestions don't seem to fall on deaf ears as they have in the past.

As a STH for both Bombers & Jets, it's refreshing to have one of them actually listen to fan feedback, then act on it.   Jets staff could learn a thing or two. 

3 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

What rules are you suggesting the non-Canadian side league would play?

I am not inherently against U.S. expansion. I don't like the idea of it, and it obviously went horribly last time (it is a stain on our history), but there it is not evil for the sake of being evil. There are a very real set of things that would make this incredibly difficult to pull off. 

If there was a US team in a football market, that had a 110 yard field, used Canadians (or we were somehow able to find a reasonable solution), played on days that would not conflict with local High School/NCAA/NFL games, had committed ownership, etc, etc, etc.

I can't see the stars aligning on so many different elements. There would have to be a very rich, very committed US based person who for some reason loves Canadian ball.