Game 33 : Lovey's @ Pappy's

maxresdefault.jpg

Time : Saturday 6, City

Stats : Jets 18-9-5 , Blues 21-10-2

Streaks : Jets L1,  Blues L2

Local Celebrity Quote of the Game : In a Toyota, the cops don't think about stopping you so much. Chuck Berry

Wikipedia Link of the Game : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pappy's_Smokehouse

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Would be nice to see Mason put on a show...

But this is the real issue right now...

Copp - 17 mins, Lowry - 17 mins, Tanev - 16 mins

Connor - 13 mins, Laine - 15 mins, Ehlers - 14 mins, Perrault - 11 minutes

Yeah I know we were playing from behind but this is textbook Maurice - a good checking line that is being 'overvalued' and overplayed... and stars that are left wondering whats going on.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Would be nice to see Mason put on a show...

But this is the real issue right now...

Copp - 17 mins, Lowry - 17 mins, Tanev - 16 mins

Connor - 13 mins, Laine - 15 mins, Ehlers - 14 mins, Perrault - 11 minutes

Yeah I know we were playing from behind but this is textbook Maurice - a good checking line that is being 'overvalued' and overplayed... and stars that are left wondering whats going on.

Completely agree.  Really frustrating.

Mason is a great backup goalie - so is Pavelec...  I can't tell which one is playing tonight.

Hendricks-Tanev are just not good enough to kill penalties against real teams...  How Little and Armia are not getting PK time is beyond me

Maurice has a playoff run team and we'll end up squeaking in on the wild card...  

Please heal soon Buff.

The problem is coaching. 

It really is.. A blind man could see Scheif and Wheeler looking off but Maurice sends them out there way 2 much. 

Ppl gonna crap on a 19 yr old who had a pretty solid game but ignore our struggling vets. 

Scheif Wheeler Trouba have all been not good recently. We need them to be better. 

We also need a coach who will change things when they arent working. We don't have that. I mean.. Why dress Matt Hendricks to play 5 minutes? Whats the point besides Maurices love affair with vets. 

Every loss now.. Maurice sets a new record in terms of most career coaching losses. To expect him to change tho... Lol. Who we kidding. 

Edited by Goalie

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Every loss now.. Maurice sets a new record in terms of most career coaching losses. To expect him to change tho... Lol. Who we kidding. 

I don't agree with everything Maurice does, but can we stop harping on the loss record.  Number 2 and 3 on that list are Al Arbour and Scotty Bowman.  The only thing the record proves is longevity, not that he is the worst coach of all-time.  He's also 10th in games coached and 16th in wins.  If he's still coaching at the end of the season, he's likely just outside the top 10 in all-time wins. 

I agree with you that he is not likely to change in the short term, but that's human nature more than anything to do with some loss record.  

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

Bowman and Arbor have about 10 cups between them. 

Exactly, and yet they are #2 and #3 in all-time losses.  I'm not saying Maurice is anywhere near those 2 as a coach as  they are HOF'ers, but continuously tying the loss record to Maurice's shortcomings is ridiculous.  There are far worse coaches out there that only stayed in the show for a season or two.  They will be nowhere near the top of the loss column.

Tie Maurice's shortcomings to things that are relevant, like loyalty to the vets, PP and line combinations, offensive or defensive structures, etc.  Anything other than the loss record.  The fact he holds the record only proves he has been good enough to coach for about 20 seasons, and started at a very young age.

On 12/16/2017 at 10:15 PM, Goalie said:

The problem is coaching. 

It really is.. A blind man could see Scheif and Wheeler looking off but Maurice sends them out there way 2 much. 

Ppl gonna crap on a 19 yr old who had a pretty solid game but ignore our struggling vets. 

Scheif Wheeler Trouba have all been not good recently. We need them to be better. 

We also need a coach who will change things when they arent working. We don't have that. I mean.. Why dress Matt Hendricks to play 5 minutes? Whats the point besides Maurices love affair with vets. 

Why don't you just copy and paste "The coaches and veterans suck, the young guys are great."  I mean it's been the same post for about 2 or 3 years so it might save you some time.