World Juniors

Floyd

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

it shouldn't because both Canada and the US are used to the cold, it's clear that Mother Nature doesn't like hockey

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

it shouldn't because both Canada and the US are used to the cold, it's clear that Mother Nature doesn't like hockey

Kids don't play outdoors anymore. On facebook someone said only one player on both teams has played outdoors in the past. They're not used to playing 3 hours outdoors in the cold. When we go outdoors when it's cold for any length of time we're dressed for it.  No way that hockey players are dressed to play  for 3 hours in minus 20 temps with skates laced up tight, equipment, jerseys where cold penetrates into the protective equipment, helmets that don't prevent frost bite to ears or prevent heat loss, hockey gloves aren't designed to combat frigid temps & frostbite . Throw in sweating & it's something players weren't ever prepared to deal with. Hard to believe that I have to explain this to you, iHeart. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That was just shitty hockey.  I really hope this idiotic playing outdoors fad is almost over.

this is all that needs to be said. The game itself means less than nothing in terms of "who's the better team?" and "can we beat the americans?" This game and a game indoors will be completely different. I honestly don't know if we'd do better or worse indoors, but the game would be completely different and that game yesterday is no indicator one way or another...

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is all that needs to be said. The game itself means less than nothing in terms of "who's the better team?" and "can we beat the americans?" This game and a game indoors will be completely different. I honestly don't know if we'd do better or worse indoors, but the game would be completely different and that game yesterday is no indicator one way or another...

Come October, November the same could be said for professional Football.

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Come October, November the same could be said for professional Football.

Apples & oranges. Can't compare the 2 sports. All football players have played in shitty conditions outdoors. Hockey players play every game indoors. Playing hockey in those conditions affect the players way more than football.

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Apples & oranges. Can't compare the 2 sports. All football players have played in shitty conditions outdoors. Hockey players play every game indoors. Playing hockey in those conditions affect the players way more than football.

I'll give you the first bold, true enough. However, last sentence don't agree as in way more. Sometime football games are almost decided by the coin toss.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'll give you the first bold, true enough. However, last sentence don't agree as in way more. Sometime football games are almost decided by the coin toss.

Football players have bare arms so you have to figure while the games may not be as good they seem to be able to adapt to snow & cold. I don't think it's realistic to think hockey players are able to do it like football players can.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

anyone else notice Canada's PK seems to look alot like the Jets?   push it to the top of the circle, let them shoot on the goalie from a ways out without any traffic? 

maybe it was a coincidence but sure looked like it to me this tournament so far that they were running a similar PK.