Game 35 : The Western Hour @ The Grand Ole Opry

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I watched only the first half of the game,  but whoever the color commentator on TSN was kept calling out the refs for missing the blatant calls on the Jets.    They kept panning on Subban taking cheap shots and yet we get the penalties for very fringe plays...

I believe it was Dave Poulin alongside Beyak last night. And his honesty is pretty refreshing, IMO. The officiating was a disaster last night.

not only were they missing the cross checks and slashes by Subban but I also noticed 2 or 3 hits that nashville threw that were a solid 2-3 strides after the jets had made a pass... I'm all for finishing your checks but to run over a guy 2-3 steps after the puck is gone and not pull up at all? just dirty pricks. 

glad we rose up to the challenge and didn't back down.  we showed some serious gumption in this game... these games are going to be some intense ones all season long me thinks and if by some stroke of luck we match up with em in the playoffs.. going to be a great battle.

28 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

not only were they missing the cross checks and slashes by Subban but I also noticed 2 or 3 hits that nashville threw that were a solid 2-3 strides after the jets had made a pass... I'm all for finishing your checks but to run over a guy 2-3 steps after the puck is gone and not pull up at all? just dirty pricks. 

glad we rose up to the challenge and didn't back down.  we showed some serious gumption in this game... these games are going to be some intense ones all season long me thinks and if by some stroke of luck we match up with em in the playoffs.. going to be a great battle.

Don't forget about Subban sticking his leg out on Scheifele.  How that doesn't get called, I have no idea.

Refs could have easily lost control of that game.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And that buttplug St. Laurent is officiating.

And Holy Christmas, those Fox Sports announcers are absolutely awful.

I was watching the TSN3 feed.  I just can't get into US announcers and hockey.  Unless Rod Black starts calling hockey games.

11 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Don't forget about Subban sticking his leg out on Scheifele.  How that doesn't get called, I have no idea.

Refs could have easily lost control of that game.

I really felt that that game last night was one where we missed Buff out there.  I doubt Nashville would have been so dirty and pulling all of the cheap shots knowing that 260lb Buff was lurking waiting to take their heads off.  At the very least Buff would have had a very serious chat with Mr. Subban about his deliberate intent to injure attempts on Scheif.  And that other guy Yanick what's his name.   Total tool.  Combine no Buff, dirty team, and a really shitty ref and you've got what we had last night.  What a satisfying win though after all of that BS and garbage reffing.  Couldn't believe that Rinne opened up a hole bigger than the Grand Canyon between his legs on the Tanev goal.  

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I really felt that that game last night was one where we missed Buff out there.  I doubt Nashville would have been so dirty and pulling all of the cheap shots knowing that 260lb Buff was lurking waiting to take their heads off.  At the very least Buff would have had a very serious chat with Mr. Subban about his deliberate intent to injure attempts on Scheif.  And that other guy Yanick what's his name.   Total tool.  Combine no Buff, dirty team, and a really shitty ref and you've got what we had last night.  What a satisfying win though after all of that BS and garbage reffing.  Couldn't believe that Rinne opened up a hole bigger than the Grand Canyon between his legs on the Tanev goal.  

Totally agree.  I was thinking the same thing about Buff, last night.

21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Buff or Thorbs.

While I agree Buff would have went smashy-mode if he was in, I was surprised Lowry wasn't stepping up or Chariot..  Lowry did lay the boom on someone behind Nashville's net at one point but Buff I think would have handled it and made sure Subban quit that cheap garbage..

Next game, if they keep up these dirty antics, should be  much different if we have a healthy roster.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Why go smashy mode in a close game?  Jets would  have gotten into penalty trouble

for lack of a better explanation, I'd say to establish dominance.  to show that you can't be taking liberties against Liane or Shief.  that knee on knee could have been much worse then it was.   I do see where you guys are coming from, staying outta the box is a big plus BUT if the refs are not going to penalize the opposition for taking those cheap shots...

28 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

for lack of a better explanation, I'd say to establish dominance.  to show that you can't be taking liberties against Liane or Shief.  that knee on knee could have been much worse then it was.   I do see where you guys are coming from, staying outta the box is a big plus BUT if the refs are not going to penalize the opposition for taking those cheap shots...

Jets hurt the preds where it mattered most... On the scoreboard. 

If St. Laurent and his crew do their damn job from the opening faceoff, that greasy crap is likely mitigated way before it gets out of hand. Byfuglien in the lineup would've been nice but I worry about what might have happened had he been, especially considering the officiating crew.

While I'm never happy about players taking liberties with opponents, all it did last night was hinder the aggressors. If the Spaceys want to play like that in important games and not continue doing what's made the successful, let 'em. It'll reflect in the standings negatively sooner than later. Most importantly, the Jets didn't bite and stuck to their game-plan, which is a sign of a team maturing. I doubt the same would've happened in previous seasons.

On 12/20/2017 at 8:44 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

A massive two points - and clean ones, no less.

**** the Predators and their fans* and **** that St. Laurent, too. I hope Santa Claus sends that ******* some glasses for Christmas.

* - because of that played out chant whenever their team scores a goal (get some new material!)

or better yet a new job for St Laurent