Bellefeuille to Montreal?

Logan007

They could have done a lot worse.  I like this move better than bringing in a guy like Danny Barrett or Gary Crowton.

But as with all the guys who come up from the States.... you never really know how they're going to adapt.

Pretty good chance this is another disastrous year in Montreal but I'm interested to see how this plays out.

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

They could have done a lot worse.  I like this move better than bringing in a guy like Danny Barrett or Gary Crowton.

But as with all the guys who come up from the States.... you never really know how they're going to adapt.

Pretty good chance this is another disastrous year in Montreal but I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Reminds me of 2013 when Dan Hawkins was hired. The potential is there but so is the risk.

Good hire...I may go as far as to say actually a very smart hire....good football mind there. If he has a couple experienced assistants in the Canadian game to help him along with the nuances of some of the odd things coming from American to  Canadian ball he will be fine. 

He also has a pretty good connection network in the U.S so player recruitment there will be pretty good IMPORT wise, as much as Mack is a bit of a putz in a lot of areas he is well connected down south and can bring in decent American guys, just keep him away from the Canadian aspect of recruitment and drafting

39 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I was referring more to the complete lack of CFL experience for either of them.

I know.  I just wanted to add that this is very different because it is a legitimate head coach who has experienced some success in the professional ranks.  Dan Hawkins was just a bizarre hire that everyone knew wasn't going to work.  An NCAA coach turned broadcaster.

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Good hire...I may go as far as to say actually a very smart hire....good football mind there. If he has a couple experienced assistants in the Canadian game to help him along with the nuances of some of the odd things coming from American to  Canadian ball he will be fine. 

He also has a pretty good connection network in the U.S so player recruitment there will be pretty good IMPORT wise, as much as Mack is a bit of a putz in a lot of areas he is well connected down south and can bring in decent American guys, just keep him away from the Canadian aspect of recruitment and drafting

A bit ??  Methinks thou  minimizeth. 

On 12/20/2017 at 10:16 AM, sweep the leg said:

Interesting choice. He's had NFL seasons ranging from great to garbage and mixed results in college. Not that it means much, but his high school coaching record was terrible lol.

His last several stops have all been turrible. At one time he was highly thought of. Brett favre in his prime will do that though.

Hes a guy whose known to be very, very rigid with old school pro/power offense. I form wide stuff. I dont see how this can end up well. If he agrees to allow an OC who knows the canadian game to run the offense his value is hugely diminished. If he tries to force his old offensive notions on the league its probably a short run for him in the cfl.

In general I think football systems come and go and return again. With the entire cfl running variations of west coast, passing ball control / deep attack and having done so for years an opportunity does exist for a drastic shift to take advantage of the league. Imo that system would be a spread option offense. As the time itd take to get the heavies at all the positions, groom them, and get them experience would give all the prep time in the world for teams to adjust before you found success / a new job. 

11 hours ago, pigseye said:

I thought Sherman had retired for good in Cape Cod, he had started some sort of Athletics training centre for kids there. I guess it's only an hour to Montreal from Cape Cod so maybe that was the deciding factor for him? 

If he's been working with squalling, immature individuals, he ought to have the right experience to step into the Alouette organiation.