Game 39 : Crooklyn @ Scheifeless

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Time : Friday 7, TSN3

Stats : Jets 21-11-6 , Islanders 20-13-4

Streaks : Jets W1,  Islanders W2

The Big Story : Scheif gone,  Jack Roslovic arrives. Jets looking for revenge for last week.

confirmed that Roslo is the call up?

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

As of right now it looks like Dano in, Wheels at center but a man can hope no?

oh for sure.. I was just relatively curious more so then anything.. I'd like to see him up too but not sure if its the best option for the team at the moment.    Mo's gonna Mo tho so odds are good young gun stays put for now.

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

confirmed that Roslo is the call up?

Opposite confirmation.

Maurice sounds as if he's in no hurry at all to make a call-up.  NHLJets twitter currently imploding.

Color me not shocked.  We had 2 extra FWs on the roster before yesterday & everyone was convinced we'd still bring up a Moose?!

I think people overestimate how good Roslovic will be when he makes the jump.  Yeah, he's a very good prospect and he's doing well in the AHL... but Brendan Lemieux is scoring at the same pace.  And Lemieux isn't jumping into our top six any time soon.  The list of guys who have been great scorers in the AHL only to do nothing in the NHL is a long one.

Roslovic will likely be a good player for the Jets but I think people should just pump the brakes a little bit.

18 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think people overestimate how good Roslovic will be when he makes the jump.  Yeah, he's a very good prospect and he's doing well in the AHL... but Brendan Lemieux is scoring at the same pace.  And Lemieux isn't jumping into our top six any time soon.  The list of guys who have been great scorers in the AHL only to do nothing in the NHL is a long one.

Roslovic will likely be a good player for the Jets but I think people should just pump the brakes a little bit.

Also lost on those freakin' out already...  Moose haven't played since the 22nd.   No way Maurice gives top line mins to a rookie after a week off. 

To me, today wasn't about shutting the door on Roslovic it  was keeping the door slightly open for Dano or Matthias.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

43 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Opposite confirmation.

Maurice sounds as if he's in no hurry at all to make a call-up.  NHLJets twitter currently imploding.

Color me not shocked.  We had 2 extra FWs on the roster before yesterday & everyone was convinced we'd still bring up a Moose?!

yup. me either.. not the worst idea either tho, tbh.   let roslo keep what he has going in the AHL for now.. might as well use those press box bodies for something good.  shuffle upwards, we have the skill for it.

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

exactly..  there is no promise of him being elite yet.  let him ride the wave hes on at the moment.   ahl players (goalies and skaters) are not always destined for greatness because of success at the AHL level.  

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

I've always wanted Armia on a line with Laine...

Dano-Hendricks-Armia - fourth line with scoring potential

Matthias-Hendricks-Armia...  good luck

Maybe Armia can learn to bounce the puck off those two? About the only way they're going to get the most out of him now.

Just now, Atomic said:

Matthias is only 3 years removed from an 18 goal season.  Seems hard to imagine now, watching him play so far this season.

He's good but Perreault is better.  That's really all there is to it.

Yes, but the 4th line has produced but with Matthias in, they won't any longer.

Not saying moving Armia up, Perreault is definitely better. Just how it's worked out.

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

The fact that he’s likely going to be on the 4th line with Hendricks and Matthias, is ridiculous.   Just an absolute waste.

Sure, but it isn't like line rushes from practice mean they're set in stone. Maurice does tend to juggle his lines, anyway.

So, let's wait and see before losing our heads.