Game 40 : Carbon Credits @ Carbon Tax

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Better then a San Diego Chargers fan.

No, 0-16 this season. One & 15 last season for a combined 1 & 31 the past two seasons. The Browns get handed the best players in the NFL Draft nearly every year & they can't even get that right. Browns fans would be ecstatic with a team like the Chargers. 

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

watched the condensed game thanks frosty

Edmonton had a lot of good chances to score.

outstanding game by Hellebuyck.

Not really. Most were pretty standard simple saves. Jets dominated them despite what Sportsnet is selling

9 minutes ago, bustamente said:

As of today the Oilers cap has 15 mil for 12 players next year, they have bigger problems than last night game if they can't get rid of some of the dead weight.

Those Draisaitl and Lucic contracts are ugly.

what stood out to me last night was how dominant our D was compared to Edmonton.  Almost no mistakes, while Benning looked like Bambi out there.   And team speed.  Our guys made Edmonton look like they were standing still.   Our skill level is hard to beat.   When our guys are skating, not a lot of teams can keep up the pace.

34 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

what stood out to me last night was how dominant our D was compared to Edmonton.  Almost no mistakes, while Benning looked like Bambi out there.   And team speed.  Our guys made Edmonton look like they were standing still.   Our skill level is hard to beat.   When our guys are skating, not a lot of teams can keep up the pace.

I was very skeptical of the Kulikov signing but him and Myers are a really good combo

If there was some way to pair Poolman with Buff instead of Chiarot...

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think the Browns are a perfect example of what a true fan is. I respect all the loyal Brown fans who have hung with them so far. 

Here's wishing a better 2018 for Brown fans. :)

I think the Bomber fanbase is just as good. We have hung in there with decent crowds during some hideous years the past decade. We supported the Bombers better than the spoiled & entitled fans in Edmonton & Calgary as well as the disinterested fanbases in Vancouver & Toronto. Ottawa lost their teams twice during that time & Hamilton couldn't draw more than 15,000 for average attendance until they moved to THF.

Hard to feel bad for Oilers. An embarrassment of riches for years and poor management.  You always want to have a McDavid but then you have to pay him. 

Jets won Laine but everyone else was good scouting and good development.  Good contracts too, leaving room for everyone. 

@kelownabomberfan it’s funny how D was so much better with is missing two of the top four. 

I’ll say this, Trouba has no excuses now. 

35 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hard to feel bad for Oilers. An embarrassment of riches for years and poor management.  You always want to have a McDavid but then you have to pay him. 

Jets won Laine but everyone else was good scouting and good development.  Good contracts too, leaving room for everyone. 

@kelownabomberfan it’s funny how D was so much better with is missing two of the top four. 

Not sure I understand...

39 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I didn't say that they are better without Enstrom and Buff, I just said that they were much better than Edmonton's D.  Watching our guys walk around their D consistently was amazing to watch.  We should have won that game 10 - 0.  Can't believe Armia missed the net on that feed from Lowry, and that Ehlers rush should have resulted in a goal too.

31 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I didn't say that they are better without Enstrom and Buff, I just said that they were much better than Edmonton's D.  Watching our guys walk around their D consistently was amazing to watch.  We should have won that game 10 - 0.  Can't believe Armia missed the net on that feed from Lowry, and that Ehlers rush should have resulted in a goal too.

Biggest difference is that Talbot was standing on his head last year - this let the Oilers weather a few storms...  basically you could flip the Jets-Oilers seasons between last year and this year