Game 41 : Half Way @ Half Baked

33 minutes ago, Atomic said:

With how well Helle is playing, we may not see Mason again until the back-to-back against the Wild and Blackhawks next weekend.

Yeah, I'd be surprised to see Mason rotate in if Helle continues to play this way unless its back to back.  Maurice doesnt like to go too long without starting the back up and the back to backs would seem to be the right timing.

Cant be surprised Helle starts again after posting a shut out and having a day off.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah, I'd be surprised to see Mason rotate in if Helle continues to play this way unless its back to back.  Maurice doesnt like to go too long without starting the back up and the back to backs would seem to be the right timing.

Cant be surprised Helle starts again after posting a shut out and having a day off.

Yeah and the next few games are spaced out a bit.... tonight, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday.  So the next four might go to Helle and then give Mason the Blackhawks on Jan 12, then back to Helle on the 13th.  We'll see.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Huh? Maurice Def rides the starter... Id have thought the last few years has shown that big time. 

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Well... that and his entire coaching career...

For sure. I just thought id keep it to the Jets tho.. Ill be honest.. Im not sure if 28 yr old rookie coach with the Whalers Maurice or Hurricanes coach or leafs coach is really relevant today. 

When you actually look at the rosters of Maurice coached teams... They have all been ****... Except for his Jets tenure and even then his first full year here...they were pretty **** like compared to the talent they have today. 

33 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Mason sucks against the central. Helle owns the central. Helle is also 21 4 and 5 on the year. 

He's played one game vs. the Central this season and made 28 saves while posting a .933SV%, so what are you talking about? (https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/masonst01/gamelog/2018)

I agree with you on Hellebuyck absolutely dominating the Central, though. Not just this season but last season, too.