Tait: Bombers Unbreakable Records

Noeller

I witnessed some of these records being set, including the night Fred Reid went wild in BC.  He had another TD in that game that was called back because he had gone off the field earlier with an injury and was supposed to be off for three plays, and was only off for two.   He comes back on after two plays, scampers for a TD (probably got enough yards to break the all time record too because it probably was for at least 30 yards) and Wally throws the challenge flag (because the refs missed it), and ruins it.  Oh well.  Couldn't blame Wally on that one, though it was too bad.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Milt's TD record will never be broken. The guy was money when it counted, and considering all the forgettable QB's he played with, it makes his accomplishments all that more special. 

Rod Hill was also special. He was so good that when Les Browne (all time CFL  INT leader) was on the other corner QB's would prefer to throw to Browne's side instead of Hill's. 

Now if we could get our defense even remotely close to those great 80's/early 90's defenses we become Cup favorites.

26 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Milt's TD record will never be broken. The guy was money when it counted, and considering all the forgettable QB's he played with, it makes his accomplishments all that more special. 

Rod Hill was also special. He was so good that when Les Browne (all time CFL  INT leader) was on the other corner QB's would prefer to throw to Browne's side instead of Hill's. 

Now if we could get our defense even remotely close to those great 80's/early 90's defenses we become Cup favorites.

Fred Glick was our DC back then, wasn't he? 

22 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Tyrone Jones didn't set any records (though I wonder about his sack totals) but he also was something special.  I doubt Rod Hill gets that many INT's unless a QB is pooping his pants all night worried about getting smoked by a linebacker who just never stopped coming.

“I’m Tyrone Jones. Can you say blowout? I knew you could.” 

Yea to have a Ty Jones type again would be something...Brash and mean on the field..relentlessness on every play...just made all around him better. He was actually a guy that players truly feared  on the field...and he was a even better guy off it!

So many goodtimes we had at Strawberries back in the day...if many of you recall that place :)

• 4 weeks later...